Honored Contributor

Re: scam over new medicare cards

@SharkE. From the medicare site:

The mailing schedule: 

• Delaware, the District of Columbia, Maryland, Pennsylvania, Virginia, West Virginia: April-June 2018
  • Alaska, American Samoa, California, Guam, Hawaii, Northern Mariana Islands, Oregon: April-June 2018
  • Arkansas, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Minnesota, Nebraska, North Dakota, Oklahoma, South Dakota, Wisconsin: After June 2018
  • Connecticut, Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, Rhode Island, Vermont: After June 2018
  • Alabama, Florida, Georgia, North Carolina, South Carolina: After June 2018
  • Arizona, Colorado, Idaho, Montana, Nevada, New Mexico, Texas, Utah, Washington, Wyoming: After June 2018
  • Kentucky, Louisiana, Michigan, Mississippi, Missouri, Ohio, Puerto Rico, Tennessee, Virgin Islands: After June 2018
Super Contributor

Here's what I found..

https://www.cms.gov/Medicare/New-Medicare-Card/NMC-Mailing-Strategy.pdf

Grow old my body but stay young my heart
Respected Contributor

@SharkE

They are being issued by state (per Medicare dot gov). mailing has finished for 21 states,  American Samoa, Guam, and Northern Mariana Islands as of 8/20/18.  Further mailing breakdown delineation (by, alphabet), I am not sure.  

Honored Contributor

They are sending them out by state.  

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Respected Contributor

I got an e-mail saying to call as something was wrong & they could not send my card. So I did not answer the e-mail but called the number on my Medicare card & he said there was an issue with my address but would not tell me what the issue was that I had to call SS & so I called them & they said my address was correct. So I do not know what that was about but did get my new card last week.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

https://www.medicare.gov/NewCard/

Here's  info from Medicare about the new cards,  specific months when various states can expect to receive them, etc.

Honored Contributor

Hang up on suspicious calls about your new Medicare card.

medicare dot gov
Watch out for scams

Your new Medicare card is on the way, so if someone calls and says you need to give them your personal information or money to get the new card, hang up! It’s a scam. Medicare will never call uninvited and ask for personal information or money for you to get your new Medicare Number and card. Learn what to do if you get a suspicious call like this.

If you haven’t gotten your new Medicare card yet, don’t worry. Mailing cards to each group of states takes at least a month, so you might get your card at a different time than friends or neighbors in your area. In the meantime, keep using your current Medicare card until your new one arrives.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Respected Contributor

Government offices don’t call, they write and/or email.

ALWAYS hang up and call the office, Medicare, IRS etc

and verify.

Honored Contributor

@SharkE   They are being mailed by state - not by name.

Honored Contributor

Thanks to all ! didn't know that ! I was told alphabet.  That's good to know , thanks for correcting me.

2 sisters are up in Indiana I'm in Tx.   I'm at the rear of the line. LOL

suddenlinksentball.gif