Honored Contributor

Re: sanitizing wipes and sprays

I honestly don't know what our grocery store is even stocking anymore.  They have been out of stuff for weeks now.  

At this point, trying to find any cleaning products at all is near impossible.  I'm talking about dish soap, dishwasher soap, laundry detergent, toilet bowl cleaner, etc.  There are no cans of soup and no paper products except some napkins.   Any kind of bread is almost non-existent as are many frozen foods.  There are a few stragglers in the ice cream freezers, mostly flavors no one wants.  No shredded cheeses either.  

They are finally limiting waters to 1 and there is a limit of 2 toilet papers but since there are none to be had, that doesn't really make a difference.  On top of that, they prices have gone up significantly on most items. 

Trusted Contributor

I always have a tall can of Comet under my sink.  It has bleach in it.  I've also got a tub of Oxyclean, which has peroxide in it.

I was lucky to pick up a new bottle of Dial antibacterial hand soap, a bottle of bleach spray, and a can of aerosol Lysol before our town, too, got wiped out.  Still no toilet paper around as of yesterday. 

I really feel that once I am in and if no one else comes here, I can let up on the disinfecting.

My youngest son got called up to the Army Reserve a week ago.  Since he's been gone, I've got by with a lot less disinfecting.   

Respected Contributor

Same here on the colorx wipes or anything like them....zero!  We did go to Meijer for the 1st time in awhile last night....it was basically bare in all the aisles.  We did get 1 dozen eggs...they are limiting those finally also as we couldn't find them for weeks either.  A small milk for Hubby....2 yogurts.  In the meat area well that was bare too....no ground round....did find a chuck roast (they had 3 left) ...cooking that today.  

That cleaning aisle is just empty all the time.  They don't want you out everyday at 10 different stores looking for items but you can't find them.  When I run out of what I do have left I will make a spray bottle of water/bleach solution and a microfiber cloth.  Simple....not worth going to many stores hoping to find them.

Honored Contributor

@SeaMaiden 

QVC has some.  Limit:  4 bottles x two.  

V37189
Rejuvenate Set of (4) 8-oz Hand Sanitizer Sprays
Respected Contributor

"FLUSHABLE" WIPES: (👍)

12593450-6948895-image-a-29_1555983023752.jpgrags-picture.jpgmaxresdefault.jpgimages (4).jpeg

What worries you masters you.
Respected Contributor

@Mz iMac wrote:

It really depends on how bad the virus is in your specific town, county and/or state.

I have also noticed what is "out of stock" online, you can find the items in the store.

Yesterday, I went on a BJ's run for 2 neighbors who needed adult "flushable" wipes.  BJ's had none.  Yet, I found a bunch of baby "flusable" wipes over in the baby department.  Go figure.  

Went to Walgreens.  They were out of baby "flushable" wipes but had plenty of adult flushable wipes.  Clerk told me "flushable" wipes are the new TP.

Flushable wipes are not flushable. They should be put in the trash. They're clogging home sewer lines and snagging the sewing processing equipment. They're fraudulently marketed, because they don't break down and are not flushable. 

Honored Contributor

Don't buy that QVCitem for corona protection; they say alcohol free!
Esteemed Contributor

I've been out of wipes for awhile.  So I used the empty container and put some bleach and a little water and stuffed paper towels in there too.  Use them as needed. Whatever it takes.

Trees are the lungs of the Earth
Respected Contributor

My daughter was at our local Costco earlier this week and they had Clorox wipes when she was there.  A friend went the next day to the same Costco and they were gone.  So I think it is being in the right place at the right time. 

Honored Contributor

I've had to be more creative about using what I have. Paper products and anti bacterial products need to be conserved.

So to save on paper towels, I'm using my cleaning sprays and cloths for normal cleaning. Used to use wipes for convenience sake, now conserving them. They are to use in the car and for wiping down delivered items. Paper towels are reserved for the groadiest messes.

Paper napkins are hard to find, so we use washcloths with everyday meals. My cloth napkins are too fussy for everyday. If I find paper napkins, I'm saving them as paper towel backups. 

For normal hand washing, I broke out the old stash of Irish Spring deodorant body soap bars and some weird micellar hand washes DH brought home the other day. The anti bacterial hand soap is for when you come in the house from outside, or feel you might have touched something dicey.

My procedures for which product to use when are getting so complicated now, I may need to create a flowchart. Woman Very Happy

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr