Valued Contributor

Re: safety nets around stadiums

my son plays travel hockey hockey so we're often at different rinks. When we're at a rink without a net or glass in front of the seats, I take the kids (even other teammate's kids) into the lobby to play while the game is going on. Parents aren't focused on watching the puck, they're watching their kid on the ice, rightfully so Smiley Wink I'd rather play it safe than sorry

Esteemed Contributor

My heart goes out to the base ball payer...and of course, the littel child!!  Tears slid down my face as I watched his reaction.   Hope he and the little girl can get over the incident and everything goes well!!!

Respected Contributor

@hckynut wrote:

@Lipstickdiva 

"It is not impossible to get out of the way" of a line drive baseball or a hockey puck. Hand/eye coordination along with going to a baseball or hockey game ONLY TO WATCH THE GAME, certainly help. If a person chooses a seat(s) in vulnerable areas at baseball fields or hockey rinks? The onus, in my opinion, is 100% on them.

"Dropping the mike".

hckynut

@hckynut  I'm not sure if you live on the east or west coast but since you are a big hockey fan I was wondering if you remember "The Johnstown Jets"?    I'm not sure exactly when the team disbanded but I remember going to their games with my Dad.

We always sat behind the glass partition to prevent being hit with a puck.

Honored Contributor

Fenway Park has extended the netting quite far because of some awful incidents, it's almost all the way around the park now. I hope the girl in Houston will be ok.

"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"
Honored Contributor

It's a sad story.  Hopefully the girl and player can get past this.