Honored Contributor

Re: sadly Charlie Gard has left us

Thank you for that info. The Sun needs to print a retraction.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Honored Contributor

This was a devastating challenging situation for everyone involved and, of course, most of all for the parents.  My heart goes out to all parents faced with the supremely difficult decision of letting their child be free of the tubes that are connecting their child to  earthly life.  Prayers and wishes for peace and acceptance at such a difficult time for all suffering with this situation.

Esteemed Contributor

@phoenixbrd wrote:

This was a devastating challenging situation for everyone involved and, of course, most of all for the parents.  My heart goes out to all parents faced with the supremely difficult decision of letting their child be free of the tubes that are connecting their child to  earthly life.  Prayers and wishes for peace and acceptance at such a difficult time for all suffering with this situation.

@phoenixbrd

I 100% agree with every single word that you said.

There comes a time when parents have to be realistic, and accept the fact that a miracle is not going to happen, and it is in their child's best interest to be allowed to pass in to Heaven, where they will be happy, healthy and whole.

I'm not saying that it is an easy decision to make, because it isn't, but it is one that is difficult to make.

There wil always be a piece of them missing, but at least Charlie is no longer suffering.

Respected Contributor

So very sad for so many people.  My only comment is that this child seemed to be suffering. Why subject him to the trauma he was going through when it was obvious God needed a new angel and it was his time to fly.  

Honored Contributor

So very sad,

Image result for loss of child images

Honored Contributor

@JustJazzmom wrote:

The American neurologist didn't see the child's brain scans or examine Charlie. According to the Britush paper the Sun, he also had a financial stake in the neucleotide treatment, which of course raises ethical questions.

@JustJazzmom  Dr. Hirano was given full access to all records including scans.  He was also given the right to examine Charlie but it is unclear if he ever did.  Dr. Hirano was given full temporary staff privileges during his stay at Great Ormond Street Hospital.

Dr. Hirano was also joined by an Italian Doctor and other medical experts in this field.

The Sun is not reporting the whole story.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Honored Contributor

Fly, fly little wing
Fly beyond imagining
The softest cloud, the whitest dove
Upon the wind of heaven's love
Past the planets and the stars
Leave this lonely world of ours
Escape the sorrow and the pain
And fly again........

..... Fly, fly little wing
Fly where only angels sing
Fly away, the time is right
Go now, find the light

Written by Jean-Jacques Goldman and Phil Gladstone
Performed by Celine Dion
"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Respected Contributor

I looked at the picture posted by @ms traditional for a long time.  Was drawn to little Charlie's eyes - could not get myself to look away.  His eyes seem to belong to an "old soul" in his perfect little face.  He is now happy in Heaven and released from his painful earthly existance.  His life in Heaven will be perfect, his earthly life would have been a daily trial with little happiness and much pain.  He is meant for better than that.  I know his parents are grieving, but knowing they put Charlie's best interest first will give them some peace.

Respected Contributor

@KathyM23  beautifully stated.  you made me feel better as i was quite sad about this 

Esteemed Contributor

To me, in the pictures of Charlie, he looked sad, like he knew that he wasn't long for this world, and that he was ready and wanting to go to Heaven.