Super Contributor

Re: saddest of news from Dan Wheeler

I am so sad to read the passing of Dan's wife.  My heart aches for him and his family.  May her soul rest in peace.

Respected Contributor

How sad .... thoughts and prayers to Dan and his family on the loss of their beautiful Beth ... may she rest in peace.

Occasional Contributor

This just breaks my heart. I woke up this morning with his family on my mind. God give him strength.  She was so beautiful. Dan, she is in Heaven, no more pain.

Honored Contributor

My deepest sympathy goes to Dan and his family, friends and everyone who loved her.

May she rest in peace now.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Dell1 wrote:

A post from this afternoon:

I am heartbroken and my spirit is crushed. Today I had several panic attacks and have cried until I can't breathe. I know this first year without will be so hard. First Thanksgiving, first anniversary. First Christmas, New Years, her birthday, it goes on and on. But I'm told someday it will slowly get better.💔💔😢

Dan Wheeler QVC's photo.

This is so sad.  The raw reality has struck. 

I've seen loved ones, people that I've loved my whole life and with all my heart and they look nothing like themselves, they can't acknowledge me and they've let it be known they 'want to go'.

You don't want to see them suffer and struggle.  But once they're gone, your mind wants them back in any way, you hurt so bad. 

Esteemed Contributor

I read this last night and my heart just felt so heavy for him. I try to post words of encouragement for him every day.

Honored Contributor

My heart goes out to him and his family! May they always embrace their special memories of her!

Honored Contributor

@Lucky Charm

Dan's posts are simply stated, yet I feel his grief when I read them.  Maybe his grief grabs me because I've been where he is right now.  I've struggled to post a condolence message on the blogs because there is nothing I can say right now that will honestly help.  The loss is so catastrophic and his pain is all consuming. 

I'm sure many of us have been there in one way, shape or form when it comes to losing someone so integral to our lives.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Valued Contributor

Posted earlier this morning.

I guess my new normal is to wake up crying. My heart has a giant hole in it. My wife, @elizabeth ann Wheeler was not only the Love of my Life but she was and is my hero. My daughters have tattoos on their wrists that say "Faith" and "Hope." Beth's wrist says "Love." She is love and she loved me unconditionally for 37 years. The past 6 months have been difficult. The past 5 weeks unbearable. But these days of planning her life celebration and burial are really impossible as a man. But God is carrying me and my family. "Now abideth faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is LOVE!" I miss you so much my sweet Cakies! (my nickname for Beth).

Super Contributor

I was a little taken back by the hosts  ( past and present) who had nothing to say on their facebook pages about Dan's wife.  I have followed his story for a short time, and was so saddened to here about Beth.  Such a kind and generaous man!

Instead of bragging about themselves, you would think they could take a minute out of their day, and acknowledge this wonderful ,brave woman.