Valued Contributor

Re: saddest of news from Dan Wheeler

[ Edited ]

@Fur Dude wrote:

I was a little taken back by the hosts  ( past and present) who had nothing to say on their facebook pages about Dan's wife.  I have followed his story for a short time, and was so saddened to here about Beth.  Such a kind and generaous man!

Instead of bragging about themselves, you would think they could take a minute out of their day, and acknowledge this wonderful ,brave woman.

@Fur Dude, I have seen posts about Dan's wife on Facebook by Jane Treacy, Alberti, David, and Mary Beth Roe.  There may have been others but I am doing this from memory without going back to Facebook to check it out.  Also Mary Beth mentioned going over to Dan's house where people met and remembered Beth.  Mary Beth has known Dan since they both worked at CVN prior to coming to QVC.

OK I went back to Facebook and I also found posts regarding Dan's wife, Beth, from Shawn, Jill, Sharon, and Antonella.

Valued Contributor

Dan posted this today and Jacque shared it as well on her wall,

Cakies, there is so much going on down here on earth. We are preparing for everyone to say there earthly goodbyes and we are busy planning the Celebration of your life service. This morning I just want to stop and tell you I love you and I
Miss you more than words could say. I would give up everything I have to have one more day to hold you and kiss you. I
Know you are probably a little upset by all the attention you are getting because you always preferred to be "behind the scenes." Sorry. YOU are now center stage because you deserve it. I love you Beth Ann now and FOREVER! Your
Cakies

Dan Wheeler QVC's photo.
Respected Contributor

That is so nice how he wrote that post to his "Cakies" telling her what is going on.
Valued Contributor

@Kindaglitzy wrote:
That is so nice how he wrote that post to his "Cakies" telling her what is going on.

@Kindaglitzy, Isn't that just so special.  Oh to have had a marriage like that.  I just can't imagine.  And as I said earlier, his steadfastness, through good times and bad times, have set such an example for his daughters and grandsons.

Valued Contributor

I wish that the Q had done something more for Dan, like having a host annonce it.  They did it for Joan Rivers and even the beauty hosts said something about Chaz Dean's dog that passed away.  

Valued Contributor

Very sorry to hear this news, obviously.

I am sure he and his family are comforted by the fact that they have thousands of QVC watchers praying for them as they mourn their loss.

The power of prayer can be amazing.

Esteemed Contributor

Oh, I am sorry to hear this. I haven't seen Dan in ages because I don't watch the Q any more. However, I remember him as such a kind family man. This is a devastating loss for him and his family. At least her suffering is over now. She is at peace and she will watch over them and keep them safe. 

Honored Contributor

No words, just prayers.

Occasional Contributor

Dear Dan and family,

As I am not on Facebook I was unaware of this awful battle you and Beth have been fighting. I couldn't be more sorry. Dan, I have always loved the way you spoke of your beautiful, dear wife. I will pray for Beth as well as you and your family. I lost my very beloved Dad in April and am totally shattered and I imagine you are feeling the same. In my experience, no words or actions can help. I'm guessing it will just take a great deal of time. Having said that, I do wish you and your family the best. I hope you don't return to work until you are truly ready.

Very best regards and sincere condolences

Honored Contributor

From his FB postings, Dan is devastated by the loss.  I hope he gets grief counseling to help him deal with losing his longtime beloved spouse. This worked extremely well for a close friend of mine when he was devastated by the sudden loss of his wife when they were both in their 40s.  I wish Dan to have someone to help him cope.