Contributor

sad news my big fat fabulous life

https://fb.watch/hjH4CmTSap/

IT'S GOING TO BE A GREAT DAY!
Formerly catlover with over 10,000 posts
Trusted Contributor

Re: sad news my big fat fabulous life

Hate to hear this. She was the only one I enjoyed on that show.

Esteemed Contributor

@catlover7777 wrote:

https://fb.watch/hjH4CmTSap/

@catlover7777 

So what's the sad news?  Don't trust links.

hckynut 🇺🇸

hckynut(john)
Respected Contributor

Barbara "Babs" Thore, 76, was most known to viewers as Whitney’s mom on the TLC reality show.

Facebook Link: Whitney Way Thore mourns the loss of her mom Barbara 'Babs'

Rest in peace, sweet Mommy. June 22, 1946 —December 7, 2022.

My mother died last night just as the credits rolled on her favorite movie. Dad, Hunter, and I held her as she took her last breaths. It was 10:32pm, the exact time she brought me into the world almost 40 years ago.

My mom had cerebral amyloid angiopathy, which is an untreatable progressive condition caused by proteins in the blood vessels of the brain that can cause dementia, seizures, or like in my mom’s case, brain bleeding (hemorrhagic strokes).

When mom had her first stroke in 2017, we were told of this and we knew that more strokes would eventually be inevitable. Mom’s second stroke was December 28, 2021 and her last was November 13, 2022.

My mother is our family’s greatest gift. We could never love, revere, or value another person more. If you’re reading this, you’re familiar with her magic: her southern charm, her hilarious sense of humor, her well-timed witty remarks, her beauty, and her ability to make everyone around her feel comfortable and cared for.

But what you can’t possibly understand is the extent of my mother’s love — what you may have witnessed and felt through a TV screen is a minute fraction that, even if multiplied by a million, wouldn’t come close to “real life.” That’s how enormous, how generous, and how all-encompassing my mother’s love was. I am the luckiest person on the planet to have been hers for almost 39 years.

We want to thank you for loving our mother. She delighted in her newfound television career more than we can describe! It gave her such a sense of purpose and excitement and something to look forward to every time the crew came around.

This last year navigating life after her second stroke was, perhaps surprisingly, the best of our lives. We never had more fun or laughed as much as we did the past year.

The support from all of you made her feel so loved and encouraged. We are unbelievably thankful that we’ve been able to share her with you and it is our hope that her memory will continue to be a source of comfort and happiness for the rest of your lives, just as it will be for ours.

I love you, Mommy.

My Big Fat Fabulous Life' Season 8 Preview: Whitney's Mom Falls – Hollywood  Life

My Big Fat Fabulous Life's Whitney Way Thore Mourns Death of Mom Barbara |  Entertainment Tonight

My Big Fat Fabulous Life: Everything We Know About Whitney's Mom & Dad

Whitney Way Thore's parents Babs and Glenn Thore, brother Hunter
Respected Contributor

There is a thread in TV and Movies about her passing also.

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

@hckynutjohn  You are a very smart person!!

Valued Contributor

l really liked that woman !  So sad !  Wondering if they will make an episode about it .

Esteemed Contributor

@MorningLover 

Thank you for giving me this information. I had never seen this show, but did see the title when viewing our TV grid shows.

Condolences to all her family and loved ones. 🙏

hckynut 🇺🇸

hckynut(john)
Valued Contributor

I haven’t watched that show in a while, but Babs was the best one on the show. She was so kind and funny with a great personality. Not a mean bone in her body, Rest in peace, sweet lady. 🙏🏻♥️🌹
Trusted Contributor

Aw I really hate to hear this. I started watching this show out of curiosity but I continued watching for Babs. Loved when she was on. I noticed she had the same birthday as my precious mom. Must’ve been a good day for the best ones to be born. Didn’t know Babs, of course, but she seemed like such a sweet soul. Really sad she’s gone. Many condolences & prayers for the family. ♥️