Super Contributor

sad news....Indiana teen crashes plane while trying to fly around the world

Super Contributor

Re: sad news....Indiana teen crashes plane while trying to fly around the world

Sad.

Honored Contributor

I believe I saw/heard (maybe last month or so) about a teen attempting to fly around the country or world; and, at that moment, I thought of the female tween who tried and had a sad/tragic ending (several years ago). So sorry, RIP.

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Respected Contributor

Amelia Earhart did fly around the world last week.
Super Contributor

SO sad........but he was doing what he loved........you know my boyfriend was telling me accidents can be prevented and the way he talked about it......he is right.......they are accidents but so many times they could be prevented if we were more cautious............a life snuffed out with an accident........human failure. I guess his dad died also?

Honored Contributor

Flying is risky. Atleast they were doing what they loved.

Where have you gone, Joe DiMaggio? A nation turns its lonely eyes to you.... ~ S & G
Honored Contributor

Last I heard is that they were looking for the father. He hadn't been found at that time.

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Valued Contributor

On 7/23/2014 MickD said:

Flying is risky. Atleast they were doing what they loved.

Hi Mick, I was a Flight Instructor for 10 years and flying isn't really risky. 90% of the time it's pilot error or mechanical failure but both things are very rare.

It's very sad when something like this happens. I admire the boy for living his dream

Honored Contributor

Momof4 ~ Well, that's good to know! My DH and DS have gone up with a friend who flies......I refuse...seeing them fly above my house is enough for me!...they used to drive up to long beach or ontario and fly down the coast.....should've just parachuted home!

Where have you gone, Joe DiMaggio? A nation turns its lonely eyes to you.... ~ S & G
Valued Contributor

On 7/23/2014 MickD said:

Momof4 ~ Well, that's good to know! My DH and DS have gone up with a friend who flies......I refuse...seeing them fly above my house is enough for me!

I understand.

There is an old saying that pilots use. "It's better to be on the ground, wishing you were in the air than in the air, wishing you were on the ground,"