Honored Contributor

Re: royal palace holding crisis meeting over meghans dad.

Obviously, Meghan never told Harry about her family, misleading him and he then misleading his family. Had she been honest, her family could have been handled, or, more likely, the Queen would not have approved the marriage. Then Harry could have decided to gave up his title and marry her or give up Meghan.

Her father is hurt and with good reason. I don't believe Meghan ever wanted him at her wedding and neither did her mother. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@occasionalrain wrote:

Obviously, Meghan never told Harry about her family, misleading him and he then misleading his family. Had she been honest, her family could have been handled, or, more likely, the Queen would not have approved the marriage. Then Harry could have decided to gave up his title and marry her or give up Meghan.

Her father is hurt and with good reason. I don't believe Meghan ever wanted him at her wedding and neither did her mother. 

You're wrong @occasionalrain, your bias towards Meghan and her marriage is extremely clear! The Duchess more than likely explained her family's oddities to the Prince because he did not and has not made any effort to meet them. He said several months ago that he and the rest of his family were her family now.

You Don't Own Me- Leslie Gore
(You don't Know) How Glad I Am- Nancy Wilson
Respected Contributor

@occasionalrain wrote:

Should I  insert a laugh here?

~The only difference between this place and the Titanic is that the Titanic had a band.~
Trusted Contributor

I don't think there is anything Meghan Markle's dad or sibs could do to get them on the royal gravy train.

THAT royal train chugged out of the station a long time ago.

They are not on the payroll.  They are never going to be on the payroll.  And that is that.

Respected Contributor

Maybe the man just wants contact with his daughter and feels he has nowhere else to turn but the press. He's not helping his case by doing so, but he could be desperate to reach out to her. When she has children, Thomas Markle will be their grandfather. Might he use the legal route to assert grandparents rights? Maybe that is what the meeting was about, if indeed there was a meeting at all.

Honored Contributor

@RoughDraft wrote:

@occasionalrain wrote:

Should I  insert a laugh here?

@RoughDraft.  Yes, Steady Downpour can’t help herself.

Honored Contributor

@occasionalrain wrote:

Why don't you just come out and say you hate her.  Oh, wait....  You already did.  And you continue to do it at every opportunity.  But truthfully that's your prerogative.  However, your dislike is based on nothing.

Do you really think she never told Harry that her family is a mess?  

And based on the actions of her loser family, do you really think SHE is the one at fault?

Honored Contributor

@faeriemoon wrote:

@occasionalrain wrote:

Why don't you just come out and say you hate her.  Oh, wait....  You already did.  And you continue to do it at every opportunity.  But truthfully that's your prerogative.  However, your dislike is based on nothing.

Do you really think she never told Harry that her family is a mess?  

And based on the actions of her loser family, do you really think SHE is the one at fault?

@faeriemoon.  The only person she ever stuck up for was Joren Van der Sloot.

Honored Contributor

@proudlyfromNJ  That figures...

Trusted Contributor

I just want to share this, because I love the British royal family.

So you remember our King, George three.  He was mentally ill, and his son became regent.  Because just like the present queen, George three went on forever.

So - you know how the Rolling Stones had Hell's Angels do security at their concert and it was a big scandal with books written about it and award winning films and we still  know about it today.

George four hated his wife.  And he hired prize fighters to protect Westminster Abbey from his wife.  During his coronation.  He hired these thugs to keep his wife out of the Abbey during his coronation.

The prize fighters turned out to be chickens.  It was British soldiers who kept her out of the Abbey.

George four said his wife liked women.  He said his wife liked women a lot, and he even named the women she liked.  She also liked male servants.  He named those too, when he tried to divorce the queen.

There was one guy, a famous British statesmen.  A pro-Queen mob surrounded him and made him shout hooray for the Queen.  He did, but the famous thing is that he added "and may all your wives be like her."

If you come from a family that had soldiers surround a church to keep the queen away from the coronation, are you really going to be in a state of collapse about crazy in laws?  I don't think so.