Valued Contributor

I did but I'll let you know if no one gets through.

@Catch71 

Honored Contributor

@Pooky1 

Scammers are using fake caller ID information. The practice is called caller ID spoofing, and scammers don’t care whose phone number they use. One scammer recently used the phone number of an FTC employee.

There was a fairly recent news report on CBS discussing how phone carriers are working on ways to prevent spoofing.......

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

I have never had that occur, but I know it does happen.

Esteemed Contributor

I’ve had two from the social security administration. I didn’t answer. I know they would not call.

All I push is delete and wouldn’t have my landline if  it wasn’t needed for the security alarm.

Trusted Contributor

@Pooky1 wrote:

has anyone gotten a robo call and on caller id was your name and phone number. my mil has gotten it a bunch of times so far.

This has happened to us, where we had a phone call that spoofed my husband's name and phone number, but it wasn't a legitimate phone call. Smiley Mad

Honored Contributor

Not name but our phone number. I just laugh when I see it. If I don't know the # I don't answer.

Respected Contributor

@Pooky1 No.  But have no fear.  The federal government is on the case of "robo-calls", and has a plan to stop them.  Of course we all remember how great the "Do Not Call List" is functioning.

Respected Contributor

I was on the phone talking to my mom and she got a beep and on her Caller ID was my number.

Honored Contributor

Earlier in the week I received a robo call and an oddly familiar name was showing on my caller ID.   I quickly googled the name and realized I had just read this person’s obituary a few weeks earlier!   

Honored Contributor

The first time it happened here, it kind of creeped me out.

Reminded me of the movie When a Stranger Calls.