Respected Contributor

Not sure about the other ladies in the car, but for me, I can certainly go 4 hours without food or any kind of snacks.  I do it at work daily and even on my days off I can go without munching in that time period.  Having some water or another beverage is fine, although too much and then I have to worry about pit stops.  And then I worry about the facilities being clean enough, etc.  😜

I would give everything I own just to have you back again.......David Gates of Bread
Esteemed Contributor

I don't normally want snacks for a 4-hour trip and would eat before I go and after I got there.  If I were to bring anything it would be some nuts and a water or a Diet Pepsi.

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
- Author Unknown
Respected Contributor

We like to pack Lorna Doones to dip in Jif to Go individual peanut butter cups or Jif's Chocolate Silk cups. This combination is filling and provides protein and sugar to help keep you going. We also like NutriGrain bars. DH likes to have a couple of Diet Cokes on hand while I'm good with water. I pack the snacks in a Lock and Lock bread container. It  doesn't take up much space, keep the cookies/bars from getting crushed and holds a decent amount. Happy Trails!

Honored Contributor

Depending on ones's health diet some of these snacks are not a good choice. I generally will bring my own snacks. That way I don't have to be picky or whiney.

Also some people need a snack after 3-4 hrs. Another reason I bring my own snacks.

'cuz every girl's crazy 'bout a sharp dressed man
Honored Contributor

Nothing with a strong smell like peppers, onions, certain cheeses.  Nothing messy or crumbly.  If we do a 4 hour trip, we stop halfway for a bathroom break and to get drinks but not for a complete meal.  I do think you should ask what the game plan is.  Also if you want to bring snacks, speak with the other ladies in the car about what they might like.  Of it were me, I'd only want cold bottled water, a banana and a tangerine to snack on.  

Trusted Contributor

Re: road trip snacks

[ Edited ]

We make frequent trips like this and I like to take string cheese, grapes, pepper slices, whole wheat crackers....sometimes a banana, a small v-8 juice, packaged cheese and salami snacks. And of course water.

Take time every day to enjoy where you are without a need to fix it
Honored Contributor

For me 4 hours is not a road trip and would not warrant snacks.  Water yes.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Honored Contributor

@Karie2022 

Except for the banana and lack of candy, I like your selection of snacks. @

Respected Contributor

Road trip is to Conroe Tx.  All of these ladies are "newer" friends. Didn't occur to me about some may not like eating in the car. 

Around here everyone seems to have their car detailed on a regular basis. Never seen anything like it. You can have the run down fixer house, but the lawn is always mowed, car is immaculate. 

I guess it will also depend on what time we leave. I'll have to confer with the driver.

Personally for me, I could do without the snacks but we may have more of a party atmosphere going. Lol

Trusted Contributor

@occasionalrain wrote:

@Karie2022 

Except for the banana and lack of candy, I like your selection of snacks. @

OK I must admit, if we stop at a rest stop i may pick up a candy bar 

Smiley Happy)

Take time every day to enjoy where you are without a need to fix it