Respected Contributor

Re: reuseable shopping bags.

Our town has had a plastic bag ban for years. Happy to say we also voted last year to ban polystyrene containers. The state voted to ban it also and that will take affect in January.  We keep reusable bags in the car. Sometimes we forget and have to run out to the car before we get to checkout.  I don't think we have spent more then $2 on any of our reusable bags. Most of them were given away as freebies.  We have a large reusable bag stuffed with reusable bags! Woman LOL  When one wears out, there are many waiting in the wings. Wash them out with dish soap and hot water, dry, fold and ready for the next use. Anything to help the environment. Especially when you live near the ocean or any body of water really.

Trusted Contributor

@lovesrecess wrote:
We use them when we clean out the litter box and when we change diapers for the grand babies when they are here. We don’t have a hundred dollar diaper pail like DD has!

@lovesrecess   I use them for the cat litter, too (among many other uses). 🐈 

Honored Contributor

Hate those things. Get behind somebody in a busy check out line and the poor cashier has to take extra time and care and load the person's groceries so very carefully like they're the queen of England.

They're fine for  self check-out though. Your not inconveniencing the person behind you.

Honored Contributor

@SharkE wrote:

Hate those things. Get behind somebody in a busy check out line and the poor cashier has to take extra time and care and load the person's groceries so very carefully like they're the queen of England.

They're fine for  self check-out though. Your not inconveniencing the person behind you.

@SharkE.  You have someone to pack your groceries? Here you pack your own! LOL

Honored Contributor

You must be in Santa Fe. What a town, that town was. We thought we were in outer space I went just for the jewelry though LOL

Honored Contributor

@SharkE wrote:

You must be in Santa Fe. What a town, that town was. We thought we were in outer space I went just for the jewelry though LOL

@SharkE.  If you mean me, not Santa Fe, but New York.

Honored Contributor

I'll reserve my speech then. LOL

Yep, New Mexico. We had a wake up call over there.

World has gone nutty.

Respected Contributor

@Rockycoast , I think often people who have no idea of the consequences only see inconvenience. 

Last year for Chanukah and Christmas gifts I bought california inovations sets of grocery bags from the Q. I used them instead of gift bags. Tied with a cute bow on the handles they were perfect.

I tired to give people hearts this morning and wasn't able.

QVC Customer Care

Honored Contributor

I have kate spade polka dot bags that roll up tiny i can toss in my purse. 

they hold a whole bag of groceries@. Handy