Honored Contributor

Re: remember the girl who sued her parents for support and tuition?

If it's just a matter of her word against his and there are no witnesses.....I'm siding with him. That's girl is off kilter and she's trouble to anyone who gets close to her. I wonder if she'll sue him.....

Respected Contributor

Regardless if it is her word against his this is a civil matter. She went directly to the police after it happened. They would of taken her statement told her, her rights to press charges and so on. Not a criminal proceeding.

Super Contributor

Just because she has a wonky past does not mean that she is lying now.

Remember, even the boy who cried "wolf" was right in the end, but no one believed him because of his wonky past.

So, I hope that the girl does mature, and I wish her the best for her future.

Was Yuban, then changed to Plaid Pants due to forum upgrade, and apparently, I'm back to being Yuban.
Honored Contributor

On 7/25/2014 violann said:
On 7/24/2014 anisa said:

She's going to Western New England University in Massachusetts this fall. I thought she had been accepted to higher ranked universities.

$56,000 scholarship.

......scholarship, schmalarship (!). She'll muck that up, as well. Hope she's practicing for her future job... "Would you like fries with that?" .

Honored Contributor

On 7/25/2014 sidsmom said:
On 7/25/2014 violann said:
On 7/24/2014 anisa said:

She's going to Western New England University in Massachusetts this fall. I thought she had been accepted to higher ranked universities.

$56,000 scholarship.

......scholarship, schmalarship (!). She'll muck that up, as well. Hope she's practicing for her future job... "Would you like fries with that?" .

.....Im thinking there's a reality show in her future....lol

Super Contributor

I'm not read to write her off and to just assume that just because she has a wonky past, that, therefore, she will be a looser all of her life.

I'm hoping that with age, she will mature, and become a responsible adult.

I know that when I was in my early 20's I did things that when I look back on it now, as an adult, make me cringe.

So, yeah, I'm hoping that as she gets older, she'll become more mature.

Was Yuban, then changed to Plaid Pants due to forum upgrade, and apparently, I'm back to being Yuban.
Respected Contributor

On 7/25/2014 Yuban3 said:

I'm not read to write her off and to just assume that just because she has a wonky past, that, therefore, she will be a looser all of her life.

I know that when I was in my early 20's I did things that when I look back on it now, as an adult, make me cringe.

She'll owe an extremely huge apology to her parents. And even then, if they don't trust her, well......that's her fault.

~Nick Chavez is my favorite vendor on QVC and Alberti Popaj is my favorite QVC host.~
Nick Chavez now has his own sub-forum under the My Favorite Brand folder
Super Contributor

On 7/25/2014 NC Bandwagon said:
On 7/25/2014 Yuban3 said:

She'll owe an extremely huge apology to her parents. And even then, if they don't trust her, well......that's her fault.

I'll grant you that she needs to say "I'm sorry" to her parents. But if they see the change in her, that she is maturing, then maybe that'll be a good thing for the family.

Trusted Contributor

On 7/24/2014 sunshine45 said:

rachel canning, the girl who had moved out and wanted to sue her parents for support and tuition, has now had to file a restraining order against her boyfriend.

http://www.khou.com/news/national/Teen-who-sued-parents-files-domestic-order-against-beau-268327372....

Thanks for bringing this to our attention.