Honored Contributor

Re: religion and qvc products

@1jenniferjuniper wrote:

@Kachina624 wrote:

@Puzzle Piece wrote:

Heck yeah.  No relijun is supposed to be discussed here but pushing that jewelry is okay.  Sure it's good to represent all, not just ONE. 

Ha that's a joke!  There are whole sermons written on the "Among Friends" board.  I don't understand why they permit this to happen.  It's inappropriate and offensive.

If you are offended then don't read it. Sunala also has a thread for the Jewish religon.

I'm not interested in reading about religion on a shopping board period.  If yo I go to Among Friends you can't miss it.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@yaelsmom

I know where you are coming from.

I would like add 2 things....
1. If QVC is going to hawk/sell "Christian" jewelry then they should also do so for ALL religions.  Including Wiccan & Pagan.  Not just one or two of them.
2.  Hosts should not "hawk" their own religion when selling jewelry and/or provide personal sermons.  I could care less what their religious persuasions are.  Their job is to sell, not to promote their religious preferences.

Reason why I change the channel when I see "religious" jewelry on QVC.

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@1jenniferjuniper wrote:

@Kachina624 wrote:

@Puzzle Piece wrote:

Heck yeah.  No relijun is supposed to be discussed here but pushing that jewelry is okay.  Sure it's good to represent all, not just ONE. 

Ha that's a joke!  There are whole sermons written on the "Among Friends" board.  I don't understand why they permit this to happen.  It's inappropriate and offensive.

If you are offended then don't read it. Sunala also has a thread for the Jewish religon.

I'm not interested in reading about religio

n on a shopping board period.  If yo I go to Among Friends you can't miss it.

So what?  It's not difficult to stay away from.  I don't like discussions about celebs but I am not asking that they be banned.

If religion was in your face and everywhere I would agree with you but that is not the case.

A Thrill Of Hope The Weary World Rejoices
QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC because off topic and unkind.

Honored Contributor

I think the Q should dial all this religious stuff way back. They can still make money selling it on line, but to promote it on regular jewelry shows and then having these hosts put their spin on it, well it's getting to be too much. If you can't be all inclusive in the religious jewelry and other religious items  then just keep it to on line. As far as discussion about religion on these boards, I think that's a bad idea too. It just turns to cr-p almost every time.

Honored Contributor

There are two things that should never be discussed in polite company, politics and religion.  Everyone has his own opinion and there are sure to be hurt feelings...or worse.

So why do the board mods vigorously zap even the mere mention of a political candidate but allows religious sermons, prayers, scripture references, and thoughts of the day?  

Surely there more appropriate places where like-minded people could exchange ideas and information.  I don't put up with prosethising at my front door and I don't like it here.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

There are two things that should never be discussed in polite company, politics and religion.  Everyone has his own opinion and there are sure to be hurt feelings...or worse.

So why do the board mods vigorously zap even the mere mention of a political candidate but allows religious sermons, prayers, scripture references, and thoughts of the day?  

Surely there more appropriate places where like-minded people could exchange ideas and information.  I don't put up with prosethising at my front door and I don't like it here.

You don't answer the door or open it to those people right? Same here-- don't read the thread or open it. Or even better-- make the suggestion that the ignore button comes back so that you can ignore all those people requesting prayers, doing religious sermons, writing thoughts of the day or quoting scripture.

I figure you might then have over half of the posters here on ignore after that! Woman Happy

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Respected Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

Among Friends is exactly where it was "strongly suggested" that religious threads be placed. Who made that suggestion? The Powers That Be- 

Honored Contributor

I am a Christan but I do not at all think that my religion is any more the one and only than any other, nor do I think a Christian is in any way a better person or more "saved" than any other religion either. 

Unfortunately, there are people in the world who take their religion - no matter what religion it may be - to extremes and in all cases that is a very bad thing. Radical extremism is never a good thing.

Contributor

I don't much care for bogus "egalitarianism" that seeks some form of equality by stifling freedom of expression.  I don't read the vast majority of threads on this board, and I don't share some of the particular religious sentiments of other posters, but it doesn't offend me and it clearly means something to the people posting it so I say leave it be.  

For pity's sake, this is a board on a website that sells frozen crab cakes and imitation diamonds; it really doesn't need to be the arena in which we right all of society's ills.