I have been long time and loyal customer of qvc - the old idea that we live in a christian society is just that, antiquated; the world has become extrrdinarily small -  in these dangerous and changing times , that particular mindset is more than a slight bit uninlightened).  I am certain that qvc's jewish customer base is more than  significant.  QVC does not even acknowledge the religion via product availability - hosts pontificating christrianity or any other religion is simply not good business - you all know the not so old adage - don't talk religion or politics when is a group.

Even when Kathy Levine was a host she was unable, disinterested or not allowed to increase judaica items.  During the christmas season, which, more often than not, coinsides with Hanukah - qvc's set decorations are pathetic when it comes to hanukah, there is usually 1 menorah tucked way at the back of the set, hardly visable.  That being said I am hard pressed to find basic jewerly such as stars of David, mezzuahs or chis (a 2 letter hebrew word meaning life)- with qvc's resources it could be found - not for nothing I'm sure that David Markstein knows what that is, not to mention consulting with the people from Or Pax or Hagit Gorali-  hugh Israeli vendors of qvc would be a no-brainer..... QVC also opts to sell "non-religious" jewerly items to which they choose to add  crosses as one of the charms, which is totally uncalled for. I have been watching today's Vicenza Style 24 hour event most of the day - there have been beautiful cross jewerly shown - my question is why weren't those same items also offered as a star of david option.  In my opinion that would have been, obvious and simply BETTER business, capturing a greater percentage of your consumer base !!!!!  Not for 'nothin I would have purchased that large cross had it been a star of david..... My suggestion to the QVC buyers is to broaden their horizons....oh, at this moment  Marybeth is selling the cross I referred to earlier (J319694) - that piece would be just as stunning as a star of david !!!!!  Hope QVC raises thier awareness rather than continue to live with blinders on. Susan

Esteemed Contributor

Re: religion and qvc products

Heck yeah.  No relijun is supposed to be discussed here but pushing that jewelry is okay.  Sure it's good to represent all, not just ONE. 

Never Forget the Native American Indian Holocaust
Honored Contributor

@yaelsmom wrote:

I have been long time and loyal customer of qvc - the old idea that we live in a christian society is just that, antiquated; the world has become extrrdinarily small -  in these dangerous and changing times , that particular mindset is more than a slight bit uninlightened).  I am certain that qvc's jewish customer base is more than  significant.  QVC does not even acknowledge the religion via product availability - hosts pontificating christrianity or any other religion is simply not good business - you all know the not so old adage - don't talk religion or politics when is a group.

Even when Kathy Levine was a host she was unable, disinterested or not allowed to increase judaica items.  During the christmas season, which, more often than not, coinsides with Hanukah - qvc's set decorations are pathetic when it comes to hanukah, there is usually 1 menorah tucked way at the back of the set, hardly visable.  That being said I am hard pressed to find basic jewerly such as stars of David, mezzuahs or chis (a 2 letter hebrew word meaning life)- with qvc's resources it could be found - not for nothing I'm sure that David Markstein knows what that is, not to mention consulting with the people from Or Pax or Hagit Gorali-  hugh Israeli vendors of qvc would be a no-brainer..... QVC also opts to sell "non-religious" jewerly items to which they choose to add  crosses as one of the charms, which is totally uncalled for. I have been watching today's Vicenza Style 24 hour event most of the day - there have been beautiful cross jewerly shown - my question is why weren't those same items also offered as a star of david option.  In my opinion that would have been, obvious and simply BETTER business, capturing a greater percentage of your consumer base !!!!!  Not for 'nothin I would have purchased that large cross had it been a star of david..... My suggestion to the QVC buyers is to broaden their horizons....oh, at this moment  Marybeth is selling the cross I referred to earlier (J319694) - that piece would be just as stunning as a star of david !!!!!  Hope QVC raises thier awareness rather than continue to live with blinders on. Susan

Do you mean a Chai?

Isn't this one?  It's from Judith Ripka, she often does jewelry for the Jewish faith.  Do a Q search for Jewish jewelry, there are about 18 pieces in stock at the moment.

Judith Ripka Sterling White Diamonique Chet Charm

I was glad to see that finally Quakerfactory had holiday clothing for Chanukah.

Sorry the pendant posted twice and won't delete the second one.Judith Ripka Sterling White Diamonique Chet Charm

A Thrill Of Hope The Weary World Rejoices
Esteemed Contributor

They present what sells. Period.

Esteemed Contributor

Yaelsmom,  I always wondered about this issue.  I never thought it was fair.  And it doesn't even make good business sense!  So many crosses, medals, etc., which is fine, but we do live in an inclusive country.  You have to petition for what you want.  Hey, it's a sales opportunity.  

Honored Contributor

@Puzzle Piece wrote:

Heck yeah.  No relijun is supposed to be discussed here but pushing that jewelry is okay.  Sure it's good to represent all, not just ONE. 

Ha that's a joke!  There are whole sermons written on the "Among Friends" board.  I don't understand why they permit this to happen.  It's inappropriate and offensive.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Trusted Contributor

While I understand the OP's feelings, I do not think it makes sense for QVC to focus on Judaica (or other religious items) as it does not drive revenue.

Firstl in the past, QVC has had Judaica shows.  Kathy Levine used to do them.  QVC also has Judaica on its website; however, I am sure it would not generate enough sales to justify significant air time.

First, the number of people purchasing Judaica is quite small.  Not only is it a small group of people, but these are items, generally, that are not disposable -- they are used over and over again.  Additionally, there are Judaica shops and synagogue gift shops which sell these items.  Many people would prefer ot buy from these sources where the profits will go back into the synagogue or the community rather than large retailers.

If there was money to be made, QVC would be doing it.  The demand is just not there.

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@Puzzle Piece wrote:

Ha that's a joke!  There are whole sermons written on the "Among Friends" board.  I don't understand why they permit this to happen.  It's inappropriate and offensive.

How is that?  We all know where those discussions are, it's no big deal to stay away from them. 

It's not like they are on every forum and we can't get away from them if that's what we want.

A Thrill Of Hope The Weary World Rejoices
Super Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@Puzzle Piece wrote:

If you are offended then don't read it. Sunala also has a thread for the Jewish religon.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

If you are truly looking for a Star of David at Q do a search and 22 items are listed including one that is a Mezuzah with a Star of David.

https://www.qvc.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/CatalogSearch?storeId=10251&langId=-1&catalogId=10151&...

Also, since this is your first post perhaps you are unaware that the Suggestion Box forum would likely be a better place to post your complaint and request.

The eyes through which you see others may be the same as how they see you.