Respected Contributor

Re: relatable (for many singles) New Yorker cover

That is a hoot!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

It's a well-illustrated, humorous 'spoof'.  

Very creative!

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Esteemed Contributor

@Nancy Drew wrote:

Shoot me now if that becomes my life. I do have a cat tho.

Right behind ya! 😅

I do WFH but my life isn't this!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Porcelain wrote:

It's an exaggeration meant to be funny. And all the little details are really apt, the tight messy bun, the multicooker on the shelf, the wine bottles, the hand sanitizer, the hand weights. Everything she used to go out to do with other people, she's stuck doing in front of her computer in her tiny studio.

It looks to me like she's supposed to on one of those video dates they keep promoting in Match dot com ads. It's like, she looks really fancy in her blouse and jewelry, but you have no idea what's going on outside the video frame. I think it's funny and clever.

@Porcelain 

I agree, love that she didn’t shave her legs!

Great detail.

@feline groovy 

Love New Yorker covers.  Thanks for posting.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Esteemed Contributor

LOL - this is great! I can picture some of the younger crowd in this setting while working from home. Picture perfect hair, makeup - anything that can be seen....and then LOL look at the rest of the room that can't be seen! I'm so glad I'm retired, but I'm worried about our young people.