Honored Contributor

relatable (for many singles) New Yorker cover

[ Edited ]

Trusted Contributor

@feline groovy   Perfect!  I can so relate to the cats, being that I have 2 myself.  And the kitty in the potty box, well, just classic!  

Esteemed Contributor

Re: relatable New Yorker cover

@feline groovy 

Cute picture, but I can't relate because I hate mess and clutter.  I'd be down on the floor picking up that mess so fast her head would spin lol.  Also not into the slippers/half dressed  look.  COVID or not, I'm dressed for the day - casual, but fully dressed with shoes on my feet.  Different strokes for different folks.

"Breathe in, breathe out, move on." Jimmy Buffett
Honored Contributor

It doesn't look like anyones house that I know.

Honored Contributor

That is funny. I love the Amazon box.

Esteemed Contributor

Wish I could work from home.  Better yet, wish I had a job.  Mine totally wiped out due to the virus.

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Honored Contributor

Re: relatable (for many singles) New Yorker cover

It is an interesting photo but why they chose to add some of the items to the "chaos" of her room/life is my question.  She is drinking a cocktail with many bottles displayed in her kitchen cabinet.  Along with a bottle of pills next to her computer on her desk.  Wonder what the statement of New Yorker is?  Covid and substance abuse in your workplace at home?

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Respected Contributor

@feline groovy  Great cover for 2020! So 2020 appropriate with the hand sanitizer, gloves, masks, paper towel, amazon boxes, exercise weights, the top half of her appearance compared to her shorts & slippers that don't show in her laptop's ZOOM, alcohol, etc. Thanks for posting.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I'm single, and it's not relatable to me at all.

I wouldn't be able to stand 30 seconds in that disaster. The clutter, the mess, the cats...yuck. It looks disgusting. 

~The more someone needs to brag about how wonderful, special, successful, wealthy or important they are, the greater the likelihood that it isn't true. ~

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

She's probably doing a Zoom Happy Hour with friends or coworkers.

It's a cute amalgam of the pandemic Work From Home phenomenon.   Wouldn't expect everyone to "get it" but it's fun to see.