Honored Contributor

Re: real housewives of orange county....7/13/15....with "news", spoilers,gossip

I feel like Shannon and David both are very unhappy. He looks unhappy in his marriage and has looked that way for a long time. She seems so very unhappy, and keeps bringing up the affair-I think they need to talk this whole affair thing over and then say after this-let's focus on us and our new beginning, and not keep rehashing this affair, I heard her say last night she wanted to know all of the restaurants he took this woman too, so that she(Shannon) wouldn't be embarrassed in case they knew someone there or one of her friends saw them there. I tdon't think they have really talked out this affair, and until they do she is going to have questions and things that nag her and I think that may be a big part of why they can't move forward!!!!!Just my opinion of course!!!!!!!!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@winamac1 wrote:

@Irshgrl31201 wrote:

OMG I totally can't deal with Shannon and her incessant whining. Please get rid of her.

I agree.  She is so negative, complains constantly and seems super unhappy with her life.

On top of that, she's still with her husband, so I think this is her idea of a great story line.

How embarassing for her girls!

Tori & Dean did it before Shannon - and I don't think their show was renewed....and they are both professional actors - they could do a half-way job with their fake storyline.

I'm a family counselor and even I can't stand to watch Shannon.

In fact, I got home from work last night, saw the tail end when Vicki's mom died (previous episode)...and then TURNED THEM OFF.

BTW - Vicki's response was TOTALLY Vicki...it was all about HER and HER loss...and what would SHE do without HER mom?

Not a thought at all about how her mom was healthy one day and then appeared to have died in her sleep. Nothing about her mom dying before HER time and what her mom would be missing out on...like LIFE.

Vicki is so self centered it's disgusting to watch.

Valued Contributor

I liked Shannon and felt sorry for her, but I too am fed up with constant whining.  Vicki's response to her mother's death was way too over-the-top IMO.  I know everyone reacts differently to a death, but her response was cringe-worthy.  Meghan and her husband will only be married til he finds a younger, smarter 20 something.  Sad to say, but this show, as well as most of the other housewives' show are past their due date.  Back to HGTV for me.

Honored Contributor

I don't call dying at 83 "before her time."  Most people don't live that long, and she probably had a stroke or heart attack, and at least, didn't have a long, painful illness/death, or so it seems.

When someone we love dies, we grieve both for our loss, and the loss, if it is a young person, of the life that could have been, and an untimely passing.

I am sure that Vicki was very concerned about how her Mother passed, as she loved her so much, and she was in shock, so I don't fault her for the way she reacted.  I don't think any of us know how we would react in such a situation.

Honored Contributor

@terrier3 wrote:

@winamac1 wrote:

@Irshgrl31201 wrote:

OMG I totally can't deal with Shannon and her incessant whining. Please get rid of her.

I agree.  She is so negative, complains constantly and seems super unhappy with her life.

On top of that, she's still with her husband, so I think this is her idea of a great story line.

Tori & Dean did it before Shannon - and I don't think their show was renewed....and they are both professional actors - they could do a half-way job with their fake storyline.

In fact, I got home from work last night, saw the tail end when Vicki's mom died (previous episode)...and then TURNED THEM OFF.

BTW - Vicki's response was TOTALLY Vicki...it was all about HER and HER loss...and what would SHE do without HER mom?

Not a thought at all about how her mom was healthy one day and then appeared to have died in her sleep. Nothing about her mom dying before HER time and what her mom would be missing out on...like LIFE.

I've posted before that I am not at all convinced with this David and Shannon storyline being the truth. 

Respected Contributor

@terrier3 wrote:

@winamac1 wrote:

@Irshgrl31201 wrote:

Her time? She was 82 and lived a long life close to her family who loved her. It' still a shock as a chiild and your whole world changes. You are no longer anyone's child. Vicki was reacting to tha and how it defines her now. Nothing wrong with that.

Honored Contributor

First of all, I want to say that I have lost both of my parents, my father was 58 and I was 21 when he died suddenly!  I am sure I may get some flack for my comments, but here goes!

I think Vicki was acting like a child last night, she is a grown woman and knows that people do not live forever, and she was very lucky to have had her mother for all those years.  It sounds as if her mother died very peacefully and did not suffer and that is something to be thankful for!  I think she was mostly playing for the camera last night and it really made me realize how self-centered she is!

Honored Contributor

@Hooty wrote:

First of all, I want to say that I have lost both of my parents, my father was 58 and I was 21 when he died suddenly!  I am sure I may get some flack for my comments, but here goes!

I think Vicki was acting like a child last night, she is a grown woman and knows that people do not live forever, and she was very lucky to have had her mother for all those years.  It sounds as if her mother died very peacefully and did not suffer and that is something to be thankful for!  I think she was mostly playing for the camera last night and it really made me realize how self-centered she is!

I think her "scenes" were staged. They do that a lot.

Even so, she was acting as if her mother's death was all about HER. 

I found my beloved aunt...dead in bed. I hadn't brought a key and had to call the police to break down her side door (sounded like Vicki's brother). I too was screaming and hysterical - but not for ME. My aunt was only 76 and had many more years to live, IMO. She had some nagging illness, but nothing serious. I cried for HER life cut short, not for ME.

Vicki is one of thenastiest, most self centered people on TV, IMO.

Honored Contributor

@mousiegirl wrote:

I don't call dying at 83 "before her time."  Most people don't live that long, and she probably had a stroke or heart attack, and at least, didn't have a long, painful illness/death, or so it seems.

When someone we love dies, we grieve both for our loss, and the loss, if it is a young person, of the life that could have been, and an untimely passing.

I am sure that Vicki was very concerned about how her Mother passed, as she loved her so much, and she was in shock, so I don't fault her for the way she reacted.  I don't think any of us know how we would react in such a situation.

The scene was staged, IMO.

And it was all about Vicki.

She said her mother was in perfect health - that's why I said "before her time."

I have never seen such a selfish, self centered reaction to a death, especially since she was re-enacting the scene.

But that's Vicki!

Trusted Contributor

@terrier3 wrote:

@winamac1 wrote:

@Irshgrl31201 wrote:

Everything you stated about VICKI is 100% accurate. It's always "all about her".