Highlighted
Honored Contributor

reading reviews on a pair of shoes

It said - would you give these as a gift ? Almost all said yes - then it said who would you give them to and people mostly wrote daughter or mother or me -- but honestly, several people wrote things like teachers - neighbors - friends.How could you take a review seriously after someone wrote they would buy a teacher a pair of shoes as a gift?

Esteemed Contributor

Re: reading reviews on a pair of shoes

Maybe if they were related or very close to said teacher and the shoes were comfy and knowing that teachers are on their feet for most part of the day.

Honored Contributor

I rarely order shoes online for myself (because I like to try them on before buying and hate having to return things).

So I'm surely not going to buy shoes as a gift for someone else.

Honored Contributor

I have long thought they need to change Who would these be a good gift for to Who do you think would like this/these.

The gift bit is dumb. What they're really asking is who else do you think might want this or who might it be useful for. It'd be a lot simpler and more realistic if they'd just ask that. I suspect people answer that question, which is why you get "teacher", etc.

I hope that the QVC marketing geniuses don't actually believe they will get people to have a lightbulb moment and go yeah, wow, I can buy this as a gift for X, Y and Z - never thought of that - great idea! Oy.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Honored Contributor

Oh, that is hilarious (in a ridiculous way!).  Smiley Happy

I also agree with Moonchilde, that the whole 'gift' thing with reviews is dumb.  It's like they are talking to little kids or something, IMO.

Esteemed Contributor

@chickenbutt wrote:

Oh, that is hilarious (in a ridiculous way!).  Smiley Happy

I also agree with Moonchilde, that the whole 'gift' thing with reviews is dumb.  It's like they are talking to little kids or something, IMO.

I agree, not only with the whole "gift" thing on reviews being dumb, but the fact that I can't imagine giving someone a gift of shoes.

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Esteemed Contributor

I think throughout this  the whole board we are treated like children by those board monitors that delete every topic they don't aprove of............

Honored Contributor

I don't ever bother answering that stupid question.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

It is a stupid question.  I'll bet a lot of people think they have to give an answer so just give a random one.  If I ever buy a pair of shoes from QVC and write a review, I think I'll say I'd give them as a gift to my mail carrier!

Super Contributor

Lol!

We can add shoes to our "gift closet"!!!!! Smiley Happy