Honored Contributor

Re: qvc gift and "announcement"

@cherry wrote:

I don't want one. I hope they don't send me one

@cherry  Me either!😄

Esteemed Contributor

I have mugs to give away so I wouldn't want one either.  I would be much more likely to purchase something if they sent a coupon for $ or % off. I rarely order from the Q so doubt I'll get one.

Trees are the lungs of the Earth
Honored Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:

@sunshine45  I don't mean any offense, but posts like your first one always make me think of someone talking about a party they went to in front of people they know weren't invited.   Most of us will not be getting that. 

@Pearlee

well a few people have received it and appreciate it, a few people say they would like to receive it, and the rest either dont care OR will be giving it away OR  will be wasting it.

just round it interesting, especially the note that arrived with it.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

@sunshine45 wrote:

@Pearlee wrote:

@sunshine45  I don't mean any offense, but posts like your first one always make me think of someone talking about a party they went to in front of people they know weren't invited.   Most of us will not be getting that. 

@Pearlee

well a few people have received it and appreciate it, a few people say they would like to receive it, and the rest either dont care OR will be giving it away OR  will be wasting it.

just round it interesting, especially the note that arrived with it.

@sunshine45  And thousands haven't posted.   And most of us aren't getting it.

Honored Contributor

@Pearlee

LOL....thousands of people dont even post in community chat to share their experiences. if you want to make this a negative one, then that is fine.

i did not get one but i am NOT upset at all.

i am mostly looking forward to better things to come on qvc.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

Having volunteered at our local Thrift Shop for years, working in the marking room, serving on the board ,and being Building Chair, I know what sells, and what just wastes space

Things like this cup never will sell. People come in to find nice things to buy. When I donate an item, I make sure it is something people want to buy. I never donate things that are free promotional items. Our Store needs the space for things that sell

They can keep their cup ,and then I won't have to waste it

Honored Contributor

@cherry wrote:

Having volunteered at our local Thrift Shop for years, working in the marking room, serving on the board ,and being Building Chair, I know what sells, and what just wastes space

Things like this cup never will sell. People come in to find nice things to buy. When I donate an item, I make sure it is something people want to buy. I never donate things that are free promotional items. Our Store needs the space for things that sell

They can keep their cup ,and then I won't have to waste it

i will be happy to take it off your hands @cherry.

items like this are appreciated by charities that i support locally that wont sell it and overseas charities.

i save things like mugs, sample sizes of makeup, pens/pencils, "oops" tee shirts and such and take them with me when i travel abroad.

Honored Contributor

That isn't possible @sunshine45..and I know of  no one that would have the thing.

Valued Contributor

I hadn’t heard about this, @sunshine45. Thanks for sharing. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:

I don't understand this.  @sunshine45 isn't bragging about receiving the mug.  She didn't get one.  She's just passing along the info that some customers are receiving them.  She (at least so far) wasn't invited to the party either.  :-)