Respected Contributor

Re: qvc gift and "announcement"

@SFGIANTSGIRL  Received my mug this a.m. My DH made same comment as yours!  Thanks Q.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@cherry I enjoy your posts and honest observations. I think the sentiment that you expressed about giving your best to others, not donating items you yourself find undesirable, is understandable. There are few of us who haven’t at one time or other trashed a promotional item, whether it’s a calendar, notepad, or mug. I know I have and that doesn’t make me a pariah of society...lol. Hugs!

Honored Contributor

I never tell other people what do do @SunValley, that is their call and not mine

Honored Contributor

@cherry wrote:

I have never said I hate Q. Step over to fashion, and see how much I buy.  I have never told other people how to live, what to eat, what to read, watch, or who to vote for

I also have never held myself up as a saint, perfect person, or role model for anyone.

I live a life I consider to be decent. I have  volunteered  in missions aiding the poor, all of my life. I worked in soup kitchen, food pantries and thrift shops, and never turned a soul away, without helping them

If some of you want to think I am a terrible person, be my guest.  I am honest .and will not pass on,  what I consider to be junk ,to anyone else. I give the best of what I have, to others ,not the worst of it

I don't criticize the lifestyle of others, nor their choice ,in how they live their lives, as long as they don't harm anyone else

I will continue to behave as I see fit, just like everyone else does

To my friends I am sorry I disappoint you with my decisions, but I am always true to myself. Have a wonderful day.

I feel bad @cherry what was said to you. Under no circumstances should you have been put in a position where you felt you needed to defend yourself. 

You certainly aren't now or ever disappointing anyone. I am very sorry you had to read those harsh, uncalled for attacks on your character.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Trinity11

I second your post to @cherry!

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Super Contributor

Well, I’d love to receive one! Hey, mods! Can you make it happen? I’m a good girl and a loyal QVC customer! 

Hugs . . . Beth 

Life is tough, but I am tougher!!
Honored Contributor

With my luck, if I had received a mug (I didn't) and donated it, the handle would fall off while it's new owner had a hot beverage in it and burned them, they would track me down through the donation receipts and sue me! (remember McDonalds?)

Whew.....glad I didn't get one! LOL!

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Respected Contributor

I have been a customer for 20 years and all I get are the bills.LOL

Sleep sweet Bo 3/19/08 8/4/18
Respected Contributor

QVC should have followed the preschool rule regarding birthday invitations for the distribution of their mugs:

If they are not for the ENTIRE class, forget it!

"Justice will not be served until those who are unaffected are as outraged as those who are." BF
Respected Contributor

Why does everyone assume - as others have received theirs already - they are not getting a mug - then go onto say how they would discard/rubbish them, etc.  

I imagine these will be distributed over the next weeks some arrived few days ago others - like mine - today.