Esteemed Contributor

Re: "shrinkflation" in product sizes--Google it

Cereal has to be the worst....

Respected Contributor

@Mindy D  So far anyway, the only brands I see staying at half a gallon sizing are Blue Bell and Publix ice creams.  🍦🍧🍨

I would give everything I own just to have you back again.......David Gates of Bread
Honored Contributor

@Mindy D wrote:

My latest example of shrinkflation is the large canister of McCafe Coffee. I can't say how many ounces this item was before or right now, but the new canister is much smaller than the older one. I have one canister of each sitting in my cabinet and it has shrunk. It also causes me more stomach distress and tastes slightly different so I am thinking they have sourced the beans from a different supplier.

My second example is Bryers Natural Vanilla Ice Cream. The container is much, much smaller than it used to be. It's now in a 1.5 Qt container. It used to be in a 1/2 gallon container. Pretty soon it will be a pint. At least they have kept the natural, delicious ingredients the same. 

It is the absolute best vanilla cream. If you haven't tried their Natural Strawberry, it's also the best. Both are natural and have a delightfully short ingredients list. Every few weeks my market has a deal where if you buy five of certains items (you mix and match), you get a super discount. I always stock up on Bryers then. :-)

@Mindy D 

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Contributor

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

@catter70 wrote:

I think that's been happening for quite a long time-ice cream, cake mixes, some canned goods to name a few.

@catter70  Yes, you're right, it has been happening for a very long time. Not new.

That's what I was thinking as well @proudlyfromNJ @catter70 .