Honored Contributor

~ "@"+Nickname Now Triggers Notifications ~

[ Edited ]

This is from an older thread in the Suggestion Box, but for those who don't read there I wanted to comment on a helpful feature which has been activated.

When we type the "@" a menu pops up and we can click on the poster name we want to mention.  The menu offers the names of those who already are posting on the thread, but we also can begin typing other nicknames and we'll see a different list of choices.

Just click/tap on the name and it will be added after the "@" sign.

This will generate a "Notification" (and usually a pop-up) to let the person know someone mentioned their name.  

Then, they can go to their "Notifications," click on the listed thread, and go directly to that particular post.

So many of us are struggling to find a simpler way to navigate to threads we were posting on or even do a "shout out" to another poster, and this feature is a great help in that respect.

Thanks, @QVC Community Team and @Keyai, for getting this feature up and running!

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Trusted Contributor

Re: ~ "@"+Nickname Now Triggers Notifications ~

@dooBdoo

Hi, I noticed that yesterday.  I didn't say anything because I wasn't sure if it was working properly yet.  Looks like now it's definitely working!

😄

Esteemed Contributor

Thanks doob's I just emailed someone tonight, asking that exact question. What perfect timing! You're always one step ahead with some great advice here~Heart

Honored Contributor

Himi lover wrote:

@dooBdoo

Hi, I noticed that yesterday.  I didn't say anything because I wasn't sure if it was working properly yet.  Looks like now it's definitely working!

😄

Hi, @Himi lover!  I remember you and I were on another thread several weeks ago in which we discovered it worked sometimes and not others.  I've continued to use it off and on every day in hopes it would sneak in when we least expected and start working...  and it did!  I think it's going to be a very helpful feature.

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@dooBdoo   

This is a test.

eta:  Call me slow.  I don't really see the point.  Wouldn't it do just as well to quote your post?

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Trusted Contributor

That's great if it is fixed! @dooBdoo, let me know if you get mine.

I Discovered That I Can Be Myself Without the Sky Falling In
Honored Contributor

lifeisgood wrote:

Thanks doob's I just emailed someone tonight, asking that exact question. What perfect timing! You're always one step ahead with some great advice here~Heart

You're welcome LiG!  Not really a step ahead, though, I just keep plugging along hoping to be of help when I can.

Now...  if we can just get some improvements in the emoticons...

Honored Contributor

Mmsfoxxie wrote:

@dooBdoo   

This is a test.

eta:  Call me slow.  I don't really see the point.  Wouldn't it do just as well to quote your post?

Aw, @Mmsfoxxie, you're not slow. 

Quoting a post doesn't notify a person that you quoted them.  And we don't always need or want to do that...  but if we do want them to know so there's a better chance they'll see we were "talking to" them, then using this feature will add the post to their Notifications and they can find it later.

Also, those who try to do a "shout out" to find a poster now can use this feature and the poster will know about it the next time they log in.

Honored Contributor

Adelina wrote:

That's great if it is fixed! @dooBdoo, let me know if you get mine.

Yes, @Adelina, I did!

Trusted Contributor

And I received yours!  

smiley.gif

I Discovered That I Can Be Myself Without the Sky Falling In