Esteemed Contributor

Re: "Words to use with caution: ‘But’"

YorkieonmyPillow...Having been a manager with a large staff for a well known Motion Picture and Television industry I had many interactions with the HR department.  Some of the things I saw and heard made me believe that the company was the one being protected.  Employees should not think HR is there strictly for them, they are there to protect the company first and the employee second.  I witnessed some interesting games they play, not nice.

@YorkieonmyPillow wrote:

This sounds like something an HR department came up with in case they need a "reason" to fire someone.

The moving finger writes; And having writ, Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line Nor all your Tears Wash out a Word of it. Omar Khayam
Esteemed Contributor

@Lindsays Grandma  Yes, HR is there to protect the company.

BTW did you ever move to Florida?

Esteemed Contributor

YorkieonmyPillow...Yes we did, stayed two months and left.  Back in Arizona.  I warned my daughter not to make the move but she didn't listen, some people have to learn the hard way.

@YorkieonmyPillow wrote:

@Lindsays Grandma  Yes, HR is there to protect the company.

BTW did you ever move to Florida?

The moving finger writes; And having writ, Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line Nor all your Tears Wash out a Word of it. Omar Khayam