Reply
Respected Contributor
Posts: 2,189
Registered: ‎01-04-2016

Re: "Why Are The Baby Boomers In Such a Bad Mood?"

[ Edited ]

@SharkeWhat cara is saying is some states have more residents requiring Federal assistance when their state imposes less tax.  

 

@Noel7help me out here, please.  I think that is what cara means. Your thoughts please are much appreciated. @AngusandBuddhasMom too. 

Honored Contributor
Posts: 18,752
Registered: ‎03-09-2010

Re: "Why Are The Baby Boomers In Such a Bad Mood?"


@truffle wrote:

@SharkeWhat cara is saying is some states have more residents requiring Federal assistance when their state imposes less tax.  

 

@Noel7help me out here, please.  I think that is what cara means. Your thoughts please are much appreciated. @AngusandBuddhasMom too. 


 

Hi @truffle

 

I had to go look to see what she said.  I don't think she's referring to Fed assistance, we could ask her.

 

I think she's referring to the fact that not all states have the same rate for property taxes.  That's true for California, if someone bought a house before a certain date, they are usually paying a lot less than others.

 

But I don't know for sure Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor
Posts: 2,107
Registered: ‎07-05-2012

Re: "Why Are The Baby Boomers In Such a Bad Mood?"


@Sharke wrote:

@AngusandBuddhasMom wrote:

@Sharke wrote:

Husband heard her, read my post again. Believe me when people overhear that somebody else is getting a legal break they want to know how they can get it too.


My reading is fine. Again you did not hear her.  And not for nothing I am fifty my Mortgage is paid off and I would love to not pay my high taxes in NJ. But then again if the highest taxed states in the Union don't pay how could  states like yours be able to get away with not paying.Woman LOL You know entitlement and all...

 

My point is someone else is always paying and since you don't know what that young woman was filling out or what her lot in life is. You shouldn't assume she is expecting some sort of entitlement.


Tx. property is sky high ! Up in INd. I had 20 acres for 2,000 a yr. down here I got 2 1/2 for 4,000. We don't have state income tax why the property is so high. Sales tax is 8.25% too. They make it up also by making you have annual car inspections, if your car don't pass, no plates.

Check your state you might have the same law .

 

Each state makes up it's own law. Your state has nothing to do with any other State. Because of all the uninsured minorities in Tx. I believe we have higher car insurance, too.

 

I trust my husband and he knows what he heard. Everybody expects entitlement, it's human nature.  If I'm buying a burger for 4.00 and the man next to me gets his for 1.00 I'm gonna say "hey, why is his burger  a buck"?  HUMAN NATURE !


If it's "human nature," then why would you say it's evidence of how self-entitled young people are?  And why did you say it was a good thing you didn't hear her ask? 

 

Honored Contributor
Posts: 18,504
Registered: ‎05-23-2010

Re: "Why Are The Baby Boomers In Such a Bad Mood?"


@Cakers3 wrote:

@Moonchilde wrote:

Waiting for the indignant posts from those incapable of comprehending humor, or those unable to laugh at themselves, to respond in righteous indignation as to why they're not like "that."


@Moonchilde  You seem to have a lot of negative expectations regarding posters around here.

 

I'm a boomer, I "get" what the author was saying but it isn't the most humorous piece I've ever seen, imo.

 

 


 

@Cakers3

You could have just stated your last paragraph without feeling the need to state the first. But you couldn't resist. I love it when those touted as "nice, sweet, kind" posters behave...less than sweetly :-)

 

I certainly do have negative expectations of many of the posters who frequent CC - as they have of me, judging by your post. I don't post to meet the expectations of others, however, and I doubt "others" do either. 

 

All anyone who is a long-term and/or frequent current poster has to do is read the threads - the topics, who feels one way, who feels the other, who actually gets pleasure out of "showing up" others. People are going to have differing opinions on whose view they agree with. 

 

Do point out where in my post I indicated that I thought the OP was either 100% accurate or the funniest thing I ever heard.

 

And just to reiterate - YES, I DO have negative expectations of some posters who have demonstrated week after week, month after month, that they view almost every thread or post as a chance to demonstrate their contempt for whatever it is (the subject doesn't matter at all to some).

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Respected Contributor
Posts: 4,723
Registered: ‎03-12-2010

Re: "Why Are The Baby Boomers In Such a Bad Mood?"


@Noel7 wrote:

Actually, Baby Boomers ARE a targeted demographic.  Baby Boomers have most of the money.

 

I don't think there is any IT generation, but indeed, most generations have been identified in some way.

 

A lot of the more "mature" people complained about Gen X and now it's the millennials. 

 

 


True, I hear a lot of complaining about millenials.  My daughter is one, and she is mighty put out about the complaints!  I said it all circles around!

 

Hyacinth

Esteemed Contributor
Posts: 6,595
Registered: ‎03-11-2010

Re: "Why Are the Baby Boomers in Such a Bad Mood?

[ Edited ]

I fore one do not really care what other generations think of my generation. Are they sitting around wondering about our opinion of them? I doubt it. We do our own thing. The smart companies know where the real disposable income is at.They will and are catering to us.

Wrong is still wrong just because you benefited from it.
Valued Contributor
Posts: 694
Registered: ‎09-09-2010

Re: "Why Are The Baby Boomers In Such a Bad Mood?"

@Moonchilde, me neither & I read it twice! Can't even think of a comment!

Honored Contributor
Posts: 18,504
Registered: ‎05-23-2010

Re: "Why Are the Baby Boomers in Such a Bad Mood?

Is it possible Downton is back? Reading other posts in other threads...Downton or someone similar...or someone doing something similar. 

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Respected Contributor
Posts: 2,107
Registered: ‎07-05-2012

Re: "Why Are the Baby Boomers in Such a Bad Mood?


@Moonchilde wrote:

Is it possible Downton is back? Reading other posts in other threads...Downton or someone similar...or someone doing something similar. 


Possible, but I don't think so. Could be a wanna-be-imposter though Smiley Wink

Honored Contributor
Posts: 18,752
Registered: ‎03-09-2010

Re: "Why Are the Baby Boomers in Such a Bad Mood?

It's a strange day on Chat today.

 

Global warming?  Just sayin'.

 

 

 

empji