Honored Contributor

Re: "Why Are the Baby Boomers in Such a Bad Mood?"

@sfnative wrote:

@handygal2

Thought this would be an interesting read, until I found out the source: New York Slimes.  Once a trusted publication, it is now a publication I'd never read or reference.

@sfnative: I agree with you in principle. I don't subscribe to that paper, nor do l ever plan to. But once in a while someone will email me an interesting article. The title of this one got my attention, so l couldn't resist reading and posting it...

~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~
Trusted Contributor

@IamMrsG wrote:

I wasn't in a bad mood when I began reading this thread.  

LOL.   Yep.

Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

@LonestarBabs wrote:

I get in a bad mood when I remember that I used to carry a membership card for N.O.W. to advance the rights and social equalities of women. NOW I see that my efforts resulted in the right of females to speak in baby voices and photograph themselves naked while doing the "duck pout" and generally caring more about physical appearance than the world around them. Seems like we went backwards a little. When feminism is proclaimed to be dead or unnecessary because the snowflakes just don't think there is anything of value there...

Yeah, I get crabby that way.

But when a young woman breaks through to speak clearly, engage her brain to learn and grow, and exhibits a desire to learn from others and explore her potential, the clouds part and I think that perhaps all is not lost.

I'm a late Boomer and look silly doing the "duck pout."

Yes.   To your entire post.   Yes.  (Especially the "duck pout.")

Honored Contributor

@handygal2 wrote:

@sfnative wrote:

@handygal2

Thought this would be an interesting read, until I found out the source: New York Slimes.  Once a trusted publication, it is now a publication I'd never read or reference.

@sfnative: I agree with you in principle. I don't subscribe to that paper, nor do l ever plan to. But once in a while someone will email me an interesting article. The title of this one got my attention, so l couldn't resist reading and posting it...

@handygal2

@sfnative

It's an OPINION PIECE.  An opinion piece does not represent the newspaper.  Newspapers allow people to write in with what they think.  An opinion piece is NOT the opinion of the paper.

@sfnative. You would have seen that all the time in the SF Chron.