Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Re: "Why Are the Baby Boomers in Such a Bad Mood?

@JobGirl wrote:

@Northray wrote:

I know I'll get stomped for this, since this is a boomer board, lol.  But I'll say it anyways.  As a millennial, we see boomers as the generation that refuses to go away - tho going they are.  Boomers just want to keep relieving what ever golden times they perceive they were a part of -- they just don't want to get old or worse be seen as old.  There is a certain entitlement and selfishness there, but an important reminder that the circle of life holds no favorites of any generation.  My own parents are borderline boomer/generation Xer, it's kinda cute to watch them still try to relive their "salad days".   Sorta like the Rolling Stones. 

Its kinda cute seeing people post clueless things like this too

since the millenials have accomplished and know so much

and No I'm not a boomer and don't know wtf salad days even means

@JobGirl For a lot of Boomers it means "the old days when you weren't supporting your children and grandchildren."  At least several boomer friends of mine are now in this position. 

Although salad is the first course, the beginning of a meal, so interpret as the younger days of a life.   More carefree, younger, good times. . . etc.   At least that's what I think.

Honored Contributor

Well, I just read op's post and a few of the others.  I'm not usually confused but I don't know whether to laugh or cry!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I am a Baby Boomer in a sad mood.

God Bless our troops.

Esteemed Contributor

@Sooner wrote:

@JobGirl wrote:

@Northray wrote:

I know I'll get stomped for this, since this is a boomer board, lol.  But I'll say it anyways.  As a millennial, we see boomers as the generation that refuses to go away - tho going they are.  Boomers just want to keep relieving what ever golden times they perceive they were a part of -- they just don't want to get old or worse be seen as old.  There is a certain entitlement and selfishness there, but an important reminder that the circle of life holds no favorites of any generation.  My own parents are borderline boomer/generation Xer, it's kinda cute to watch them still try to relive their "salad days".   Sorta like the Rolling Stones. 

Its kinda cute seeing people post clueless things like this too

since the millenials have accomplished and know so much

and No I'm not a boomer and don't know wtf salad days even means

@JobGirl For a lot of Boomers it means "the old days when you weren't supporting your children and grandchildren."  At least several boomer friends of mine are now in this position. 

Although salad is the first course, the beginning of a meal, so interpret as the younger days of a life.   More carefree, younger, good times. . . etc.   At least that's what I think.

So true @Sooner and, in many cases, in addition to children and grandchildren, supporting our aging parents as well!

Honored Contributor

Re: "Why Are The Baby Boomers In Such a Bad Mood?"

The boomers thought that they were too cool to get old and become invisible. Low and behold it did happen. I remember when I was in my 40's and my son was a teenager, people thought we were brother and sister, I ate that up. I remember my son telling me that the baby boomers were holding the popular music hostage, but not for long! LOL   Now I'm retired and invisible and my millennial son is working for a big tech company and believe me they think they are cooler and smarter than we ever were.

Trusted Contributor

@DREAMON wrote:

My neighbor/friend and family moved to Texas from NJ after Hurricane Sandy destroyed their home. 

She said all taxes and insurance are signifantly less expensive in Texas. 

They did their research and decided on Texas for that reason.

As in any other state, property taxes, sales tax and insurance varies depending upon where you live in Texas.    Harris County (Houston area) has high taxes and insurance whereas the less populated counties have more reasonable rates.   So no blanket statements regarding taxes or insurance can reasonably be made. 

Trusted Contributor

@SarahW  You are absolutely right. I'm in DFW and taxes are no bargain in this area!

Respected Contributor

Yep, verbal communication is a recorded message. However protesting/marching for equal rights is not the same as demanding entitlements that are not here for you to just have and take or give. A government that spends more outside this country than in it.

Yeah, everything is in your cloud. It is so far up there that you can not see what is really happening around you.

This is your generation and what is here is for you to destroy. I am invisible so you can not blame me.

Honored Contributor

@blackhole99 wrote:

The boomers thought that they were too cool to get old and become invisible. Low and behold it did happen. I remember when I was in my 40's and my son was a teenager, people thought we were brother and sister, I ate that up. I remember my son telling me that the baby boomers were holding the popular music hostage, but not for long! LOL   Now I'm retired and invisible and my millennial son is working for a big tech company and believe me they think they are cooler and smarter than we ever were.

What a bunch of baloney.  Too cool to get old, speak for yourself.

Respected Contributor

Re: "Why Are the Baby Boomers in Such a Bad Mood?"

I wasn't in a bad mood when I began reading this thread.  

Strive for respect instead of attention. It lasts longer.