Honored Contributor

Re: "Why Are The Baby Boomers In Such a Bad Mood?"

@Noel7 wrote:

@Moonchilde wrote:

@deepwaterdotter wrote:

I still miss my old Nissan 280ZX.

I do NOT miss my bright orange Datsun B-210.

OMG @Moonchilde

We had an orange Datsun, too.  For a long time, DH's favorite color was orange.  I suffered through the Datsun and a living room rug he picked out.

@Noel7, I had a Ford Maverick, which I LOVED (even had bench seats), when gas rationing hit. It got 12-1/2 mi to the gallon. So I bought the stick shift Datsun. Oh, how I hated using a stick, and that car!

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Honored Contributor

@Moonchilde wrote:

@Noel7 wrote:

@Moonchilde wrote:

@deepwaterdotter wrote:

I still miss my old Nissan 280ZX.

I do NOT miss my bright orange Datsun B-210.

OMG @Moonchilde

We had an orange Datsun, too.  For a long time, DH's favorite color was orange.  I suffered through the Datsun and a living room rug he picked out.

@Noel7, I had a Ford Maverick, which I LOVED (even had bench seats), when gas rationing hit. It got 12-1/2 mi to the gallon. So I bought the stick shift Datsun. Oh, how I hated using a stick, and that car!

@Moonchilde

When I first learned to drive I drove a stick for quite awhile.  I hated it driving SF steep hills and sometimes it would roll back.  I drove well but it was a PITA, I almost panicked at some of the hills and double clutching.

Regular Contributor

I guess the humor went over my head.  It seems more like a nasty swipe at Boomers. I think the premise is totally off.  Boomers, I'm 66, are not being over looked or ignored in every sector of society.  We're a different breed.  We are "younger" and fitter and better educated and healthier than our parents were when they were our age and we are also richer.  Retailers, the rea lestate industry,  restaurants, the travel industry, jewelers, the beauty industry are all falling over themselves to get our attention.  Have money....will spend.  That's motto of the 50 and above people that know.  Also since most people don't want to struggle financially when they do retire, an increasing number of people are continuing to work full time as long as they can, long after they are can retire.  Have money....will spend.  I assure you we are not invisable to people who want our money.  I do think the entertainment industry hasn't kept pace.  Probably because they don't need boomer money...yet.  I really don't know why someone would write an article like that but I don't care either, doesn't bother me.  This boomer is living life large and these are my best and happiest years. 

Honored Contributor

If we can just forget age and just remember to respect each other, it'll all take care of itself.  

Trusted Contributor

"What Do You Think This Lump is?" made me laugh!   My same-age friends and siblings and I are often lamenting weird marks, spots, and blemishes that have suddenly started showing up!
Honored Contributor

@AngusandBuddhasMom wrote:

@SharkE wrote:

Husband heard her, read my post again. Believe me when people overhear that somebody else is getting a legal break they want to know how they can get it too.

My reading is fine. Again you did not hear her.  And not for nothing I am fifty my Mortgage is paid off and I would love to not pay my high taxes in NJ. But then again if the highest taxed states in the Union don't pay how could  states like yours be able to get away with not paying.Woman LOL You know entitlement and all...

My point is someone else is always paying and since you don't know what that young woman was filling out or what her lot in life is. You shouldn't assume she is expecting some sort of entitlement.

Tx. property is sky high ! Up in INd. I had 20 acres for 2,000 a yr. down here I got 2 1/2 for 4,000. We don't have state income tax why the property is so high. Sales tax is 8.25% too. They make it up also by making you have annual car inspections, if your car don't pass, no plates.

Check your state you might have the same law .

Each state makes up it's own law. Your state has nothing to do with any other State. Because of all the uninsured minorities in Tx. I believe we have higher car insurance, too.

I trust my husband and he knows what he heard. Everybody expects entitlement, it's human nature.  If I'm buying a burger for 4.00 and the man next to me gets his for 1.00 I'm gonna say "hey, why is his burger  a buck"?  HUMAN NATURE !

Honored Contributor

@Thisismynickname wrote:
"What Do You Think This Lump is?" made me laugh!   My same-age friends and siblings and I are often lamenting weird marks, spots, and blemishes that have suddenly started showing up!

@mnmom

I think it's funny, too.  I'm always asking my daughter, "Hey, what is this?"  Then we laugh.

Respected Contributor

There is always humor in truth!  Woman Happy

Respected Contributor

The author of Why are the Baby Boomers in such a bad Mood wrote a comical book in 2007 called How to be a Middle Aged Babe if anyone is interested. She is 67. 

Honored Contributor

@Moonchilde wrote:

Waiting for the indignant posts from those incapable of comprehending humor, or those unable to laugh at themselves, to respond in righteous indignation as to why they're not like "that."

@Moonchilde  You seem to have a lot of negative expectations regarding posters around here.

I'm a boomer, I "get" what the author was saying but it isn't the most humorous piece I've ever seen, imo.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh