Honored Contributor

Re: "Why Are The Baby Boomers In Such a Bad Mood?"

@Noel7 wrote:

@Laura14 wrote:

This is hysterical but I do have one complaint in keeping with the spirit of this board.  Smiley Very Happy

I am a Gen-Xer and I have no idea who John Dean is and Richard Nixon was out of office before I was out of diapers.  I have no memory of him other than as a mention in my history book.

The Gen X President was Ronald Reagan and our actual babysitters were the MTV VJs (24/7), Phil Donahue (dayshift) and Johnny Carson (nightshift).      Smiley Very Happy 

OK @Laura14  I'm shocked and that doesn't happen often, LOL.

I'm assuming the importance of Nixon was in your history books, no?

@Noel7 The only thing I know about Nixon is that he burglarized an office and was the first and only President forced to resign.  And my father hated the man.

In my defense, I did just watch a 20/20 special about Watergate so I now know a little bit more but I was waving around in a crib during the whole Watergate thing.  It's a chapter in my history book to me.   

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

I still miss my old Nissan 280ZX.

Honored Contributor

Get off my LAWN!!

LOL

<<<<< Guilty

@handygal2

Honored Contributor

@deepwaterdotter wrote:

@deepwaterdotter lololol!! Oh my gosh, too funny. I think everyone I know wanted or had one! Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@Laura14 wrote:

@Noel7 wrote:

@Laura14 wrote:

This is hysterical but I do have one complaint in keeping with the spirit of this board.  Smiley Very Happy

I am a Gen-Xer and I have no idea who John Dean is and Richard Nixon was out of office before I was out of diapers.  I have no memory of him other than as a mention in my history book.

The Gen X President was Ronald Reagan and our actual babysitters were the MTV VJs (24/7), Phil Donahue (dayshift) and Johnny Carson (nightshift).      Smiley Very Happy 

OK @Laura14  I'm shocked and that doesn't happen often, LOL.

I'm assuming the importance of Nixon was in your history books, no?

@Noel7 The only thing I know about Nixon is that he burglarized an office and was the first and only President forced to resign.  And my father hated the man.

In my defense, I did just watch a 20/20 special about Watergate so I now know a little bit more but I was waving around in a crib during the whole Watergate thing.  It's a chapter in my history book to me.   

@Laura14

Oh, I don't blame you at all.  I keep hearing from others that schools in their area don't teach history anymore.

I applaud you for watching the Watergate special, it's usually a pretty boring story Smiley Happy

I apologize if I sounded condescending, I didn't mean it that way... I was wondering if others were right and there were no more history classes.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@SharkE wrote:

Husband heard her, read my post again. Believe me when people overhear that somebody else is getting a legal break they want to know how they can get it too.

My reading is fine. Again you did not hear her.  And not for nothing I am fifty my Mortgage is paid off and I would love to not pay my high taxes in NJ. But then again if the highest taxed states in the Union don't pay how could  states like yours be able to get away with not paying.Woman LOL You know entitlement and all...

My point is someone else is always paying and since you don't know what that young woman was filling out or what her lot in life is. You shouldn't assume she is expecting some sort of entitlement.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Noel7  Not at all!  I find it refreshing someone can ask a question of someone else in a polite way which you did.  I find it fascinating that we all have different life experiences especially based on generations.  

I just think whoever wrote this article thinks the Gen-Xers are older than we are.  We may be old but not that old.  It's tough when the mind starts to go....  Smiley LOLSmiley Wink  

Honored Contributor

@deepwaterdotter wrote:

I do NOT miss my bright orange Datsun B-210.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Honored Contributor

@Laura14 wrote:

@Noel7  Not at all!  I find it refreshing someone can ask a question of someone else in a polite way which you did.  I find it fascinating that we all have different life experiences especially based on generations.  

I just think whoever wrote this article thinks the Gen-Xers are older than we are.  We may be old but not that old.  It's tough when the mind starts to go....  Smiley LOLSmiley Wink  

@Laura14

Thank YOU for being so polite Smiley Happy   My daughter tells me she is no longer a millennial, she's a Gen X.  I get a little ticked off when some in the "mature" crowd start dissing either of those two generations.  They are probably tired of hearing it from me.

One thing about aging is being able to remember so many things that happened in modern history, it's almost disturbing, LOL.

Honored Contributor

@Moonchilde wrote:

@deepwaterdotter wrote:

I do NOT miss my bright orange Datsun B-210.

OMG @Moonchilde

We had an orange Datsun, too.  For a long time, DH's favorite color was orange.  I suffered through the Datsun and a living room rug he picked out.