Reply
Occasional Contributor
Posts: 18
Registered: ‎07-25-2017

Re: "Why Are The Baby Boomers In Such a Bad Mood?"

I believe that most of them are afraid of dying one day. I believe that if you have a few bucks i mean more than 20K you need to start having fun and travel cause who will get your money your grand kids and they will spend it faster than it took you 50 yrs of working will ever.  I dont have any grandkids.. thank god for us. I chose to travel. my kids do not care about me or my traveling they say mom, dad go and have some fun.. I have 8 children and they all live in different states and dont want any kids.. good for me, not so good for them when they get old.

 

I chose not to have gd kids for a few reasons, its gonna cost me bucks, I do have bucks i want to use my retirement on clothes and travel, which I love the best and my cats and dogs as well.

 

I feel that baby boomers can not give their grand kids the things that they gave their own kids so they rely on us. What can I say.

I also told all my kids when they first got a job I get half of their pay, each of them, two went into military no pay on them, but the rest gave it to me no questions, even my little Natalie who worked for 40.00 a day at a daycare she still managed to give me 20 bucks, when it was time for her to go to college I had saved enough money to give her the education she wanted, even if its only part time work. The boys all 5 of them, got good jobs and when it was ready for them to get married, they all got wedding presents from us with their half salaries from which they gave to me, without intrest to me. I was their bank,. my 3 girls...started to save on the side pocket after they married two of them are now without husbands but I still have their little nest egg... two still live with me, and they still contribute with me on funds.. they live here they must pay the piper mom.   so I think bad mood is that they overspending... so when they die their children will have to get them out of bailing.

Honored Contributor
Posts: 30,049
Registered: ‎08-19-2010

Re: "Why Are The Baby Boomers In Such a Bad Mood?"

Funny story. To show you how some younger people are self entitled and want without working for it the same breaks that the over 65 crowd can finally enjoy.

 

We were at the appraisal (property tax office) office inquiring if since our property taxes are frozen because we're both 65 (your property taxes are frozen in Texas when you reach 65 no more paying for school increases, etc.) if we would be subject to the talk of a possible new higher appraisal of your house's worth, therefore, they would raise your tax on your house.

 

So, there, we are. Young girl sitting off in the corner filling out paperwork. I didn't pay any attention to her because there was a cop there who maintains the peace of the office (LOL) and I was more occupied with asking my question of the clerk and the big cop was watching us.

My husband heard what the young girl said, though. Good thing I didn't.

 

Anyway, as I was asking the clerk since our property taxes are frozen if and when they do a new appraisal on your house if we would be affected by it. Hubbo, heard the young woman say "I want that too, why can't my taxes be frozen how old do you have to be"? Clerk replied to me, "no, when your taxes are frozen if they pass this it won't affect Seniors".

We got our answer, relieved and left. Only when we got outside did he tell me about the young woman wanting to get on the gravy train. LOL

 

They don't want to be 'old', but, boy they're ready to step up to the counter and want what others have and when they want it which is NOW !

 

Since I never heard her in first place I don't know how she reacted when told you must be 65. I suspect she'll have to wait 30 some odd yrs.

 

Woman LOL

Honored Contributor
Posts: 18,752
Registered: ‎03-09-2010

Re: "Why Are The Baby Boomers In Such a Bad Mood?"


@Naki-Poo wrote:

I believe that most of them are afraid of dying one day. I believe that if you have a few bucks i mean more than 20K you need to start having fun and travel cause who will get your money your grand kids and they will spend it faster than it took you 50 yrs of working will ever.  I dont have any grandkids.. thank god for us. I chose to travel. my kids do not care about me or my traveling they say mom, dad go and have some fun.. I have 8 children and they all live in different states and dont want any kids.. good for me, not so good for them when they get old.

 

I chose not to have gd kids for a few reasons, its gonna cost me bucks, I do have bucks i want to use my retirement on clothes and travel, which I love the best and my cats and dogs as well.

 

I feel that baby boomers can not give their grand kids the things that they gave their own kids so they rely on us. What can I say.

I also told all my kids when they first got a job I get half of their pay, each of them, two went into military no pay on them, but the rest gave it to me no questions, even my little Natalie who worked for 40.00 a day at a daycare she still managed to give me 20 bucks, when it was time for her to go to college I had saved enough money to give her the education she wanted, even if its only part time work. The boys all 5 of them, got good jobs and when it was ready for them to get married, they all got wedding presents from us with their half salaries from which they gave to me, without intrest to me. I was their bank,. my 3 girls...started to save on the side pocket after they married two of them are now without husbands but I still have their little nest egg... two still live with me, and they still contribute with me on funds.. they live here they must pay the piper mom.   so I think bad mood is that they overspending... so when they die their children will have to get them out of bailing.


 

I must be reading something wrong.  How does someone with 8 kids CHOOSE not to have grandkids?  Or did gd mean something else?

Respected Contributor
Posts: 4,426
Registered: ‎03-10-2010

Re: "Why Are The Baby Boomers In Such a Bad Mood?"


@Sharke wrote:

Funny story. To show you how some younger people are self entitled and want without working for it the same breaks that the over 65 crowd can finally enjoy.

 

We were at the appraisal (property tax office) office inquiring if since our property taxes are frozen because we're both 65 (your property taxes are frozen in Texas when you reach 65 no more paying for school increases, etc.) if we would be subject to the talk of a possible new higher appraisal of your house's worth, therefore, they would raise your tax on your house.

 

So, there, we are. Young girl sitting off in the corner filling out paperwork. I didn't pay any attention to her because there was a cop there who maintains the peace of the office (LOL) and I was more occupied with asking my question of the clerk and the big cop was watching us.

My husband heard what the young girl said, though. Good thing I didn't.

 

Anyway, as I was asking the clerk since our property taxes are frozen if and when they do a new appraisal on your house if we would be affected by it. Hubbo, heard the young woman say "I want that too, why can't my taxes be frozen how old do you have to be"? Clerk replied to me, "no, when your taxes are frozen if they pass this it won't affect Seniors".

We got our answer, relieved and left. Only when we got outside did he tell me about the young woman wanting to get on the gravy train. LOL

 

They don't want to be 'old', but, boy they're ready to step up to the counter and want what others have and when they want it which is NOW !

 

Since I never heard her in first place I don't know how she reacted when told you must be 65. I suspect she'll have to wait 30 some odd yrs.

 

Woman LOL


Since you did not hear her how do you know she was not just kidding?  Short memory when you get old is forgetting you were young and would look for ways to save money as well.

Honored Contributor
Posts: 30,049
Registered: ‎08-19-2010

Re: "Why Are The Baby Boomers In Such a Bad Mood?"

Husband heard her, read my post again. Believe me when people overhear that somebody else is getting a legal break they want to know how they can get it too.

Frequent Contributor
Posts: 145
Registered: ‎08-23-2010

Re: "Why Are The Baby Boomers In Such a Bad Mood?"

I am one of the earliest boomers--born Dec. 1946.  I remember that most of the adults in my life were not happy about the size of our class.  They all seemed blind to our coming down the pike.  Classes were very large--61 in my Catholic school first grade, and so it went for 12 years.  The adults seemed angry at us for existing--there were so may of us!   Where did they think we came from???  Please remember that nobody asks to be born.  We cannot help changing everything by our sheer numbers unless we start walking off the cliff as lemmings do.  By the time the younger generations have aged, there should be some good help for them that was begun for the boomers.  Please remember that savvy manufacturers were happy to take advantage of our numbers.  Also, we weren't all hippies or dope heads.  Every generation has good things and bad, good times and bad.  We all are given one lifetiime to live, whenever it comes.

Honored Contributor
Posts: 18,504
Registered: ‎05-23-2010

Re: "Why Are The Baby Boomers In Such a Bad Mood?"


@Naki-Poo wrote:

I believe that most of them are afraid of dying one day. I believe that if you have a few bucks i mean more than 20K you need to start having fun and travel cause who will get your money your grand kids and they will spend it faster than it took you 50 yrs of working will ever.  I dont have any grandkids.. thank god for us. I chose to travel. my kids do not care about me or my traveling they say mom, dad go and have some fun.. I have 8 children and they all live in different states and dont want any kids.. good for me, not so good for them when they get old.

 

I chose not to have gd kids for a few reasons, its gonna cost me bucks, I do have bucks i want to use my retirement on clothes and travel, which I love the best and my cats and dogs as well.

 

I feel that baby boomers can not give their grand kids the things that they gave their own kids so they rely on us. What can I say.

I also told all my kids when they first got a job I get half of their pay, each of them, two went into military no pay on them, but the rest gave it to me no questions, even my little Natalie who worked for 40.00 a day at a daycare she still managed to give me 20 bucks, when it was time for her to go to college I had saved enough money to give her the education she wanted, even if its only part time work. The boys all 5 of them, got good jobs and when it was ready for them to get married, they all got wedding presents from us with their half salaries from which they gave to me, without intrest to me. I was their bank,. my 3 girls...started to save on the side pocket after they married two of them are now without husbands but I still have their little nest egg... two still live with me, and they still contribute with me on funds.. they live here they must pay the piper mom.   so I think bad mood is that they overspending... so when they die their children will have to get them out of bailing.


 

 

 

I seriously do not comprehend this post. Stream-of-conscious is not your friend. 

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Honored Contributor
Posts: 12,756
Registered: ‎06-09-2014

Re: "Why Are The Baby Boomers In Such a Bad Mood?"

This is hysterical but I do have one complaint in keeping with the spirit of this board.  Smiley Very Happy

 

I am a Gen-Xer and I have no idea who John Dean is and Richard Nixon was out of office before I was out of diapers.  I have no memory of him other than as a mention in my history book.

 

The Gen X President was Ronald Reagan and our actual babysitters were the MTV VJs (24/7), Phil Donahue (dayshift) and Johnny Carson (nightshift).      Smiley Very Happy 

Honored Contributor
Posts: 30,049
Registered: ‎08-19-2010

Re: "Why Are The Baby Boomers In Such a Bad Mood?"

You didn't miss anything, sweets

Honored Contributor
Posts: 18,752
Registered: ‎03-09-2010

Re: "Why Are The Baby Boomers In Such a Bad Mood?"

[ Edited ]

@Laura14 wrote:

This is hysterical but I do have one complaint in keeping with the spirit of this board.  Smiley Very Happy

 

I am a Gen-Xer and I have no idea who John Dean is and Richard Nixon was out of office before I was out of diapers.  I have no memory of him other than as a mention in my history book.

 

The Gen X President was Ronald Reagan and our actual babysitters were the MTV VJs (24/7), Phil Donahue (dayshift) and Johnny Carson (nightshift).      Smiley Very Happy 

 

EDIT: Maybe you just mean John Dean, he is kind of bland, but he did end up in the pokie.


 

OK @Laura14  I'm shocked and that doesn't happen often, LOL.

 

I'm assuming the importance of Nixon was in your history books, no?