Esteemed Contributor

Re: "Whiny Days and Sundays......."

@hoosieroriginal wrote:

@QVCkitty1 wrote:

@chrystaltree wrote:

It's school vacation and stores like Target always have familes with children who act like children.  It sounds like you might need your hearing checked.  Some older people become sensitive to sound but there are coping mechanisms.

Oh come on, yes children act like children, and sometimes they are loud and annoying. That doesn't menan that anything is wrong with OP's hearing. Sounds Ike you've had a bad morning.

@QVCkitty1 - Thanks - she has a lot of those obviously!

Yes, sometimes liittle Sally and Jimmie kick it high gear in public and the meltdowns and tantrums begin.  We've all seen it.  Nobody's hearing needs to be checked but the parents who are pretending that that's not their child over there having a screaming fit.

Honored Contributor

The few that were not there were screaming theiir heads off in the ladies room the town pool, what ever happned to parents controlling their kids

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Respected Contributor

I live in a large city (1,000,000+) and don't see unruly kids that often. Once in a while, yes. But the majority of parents seem to be good ones.

Honored Contributor

@Sushismom wrote:

I live in a large city (1,000,000+) and don't see unruly kids that often. Once in a while, yes. But the majority of parents seem to be good ones.

I agree for the most part kids are fun and I rarely if ever encounter screeching kids. My grandson is very well behaved in restaurants.  He is almost 5 and was taught to behave from early childhood. I can take him anywhere and I am very proud of what a good job my daughter has done..

Honored Contributor

@I am still oxox wrote:

The few that were not there were screaming theiir heads off in the ladies room the town pool, what ever happned to parents controlling their kids

That may have ended w/ the Boomer generation. I asked my son once to tell my 5 yr. old granddaughter to "zip it" in a restaurant & he replied that he and DIL work all week and at night & weekends is only time they see the kids and don't want to be always punishing them. I said, "I see". So I yanked her up and we had a nice talk outside about restaurant rules and that she wasn't going back in unless she was sure she was willing to be quiet and stay in her seat.

She looked up at me and asked if I was that mean to her Daddy when he was little. I said, "Yes, and look how nicely he behaves in a restaurant". She had no comeback for that. 

Honored Contributor

@QVCkitty1 wrote:

@chrystaltree wrote:

It's school vacation and stores like Target always have familes with children who act like children.  It sounds like you might need your hearing checked.  Some older people become sensitive to sound but there are coping mechanisms.

Oh come on, yes children act like children, and sometimes they are loud and annoying. That doesn't menan that anything is wrong with OP's hearing. Sounds Ike you've had a bad morning.

@QVCkitty1

Like the kids throwing a tantrum because they can't have candy or a toy.....plain spoiled....................  and because of bad parenting other customers have to endure it.....take your kid and go home.........

download.jpg

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@Spurt wrote:

@QVCkitty1 wrote:

@chrystaltree wrote:

@QVCkitty1

Like the kids throwing a tantrum because they can't have candy or a toy.....plain spoiled....................  and because of bad parenting other customers have to endure it.....take your kid and go home.........

download.jpg

ITA that kids should not be spoiled & misbehave w/o a parent intervening. However, snatching the child up & taking her home teaches her nothing for the next time. It's the parent's job to teach a child how to behave in public (& at home). If not, they'll have much bigger & more serious problems to deal with when they're teens.

Honored Contributor

@Trinity11 wrote:

@Sushismom wrote:

I agree for the most part kids are fun and I rarely if ever encounter screeching kids. My grandson is very well behaved in restaurants.  He is almost 5 and was taught to behave from early childhood. I can take him anywhere and I am very proud of what a good job my daughter has done..

@Trinity11

The key is parents that take the time to teach their kids manners and how to behave in public (and at home for that matter).  A friend of my has a darling grandchild age 7 he is a joy to be around......you can take him all day shopping or to a restaurant and he's the perfect little gentlemen.  Never cries for toys or has a tantrum either.  A real tribute to my friend and her daughter and SIL...................

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

@Spurt wrote:

@QVCkitty1 wrote:

@chrystaltree wrote:

@QVCkitty1

download.jpg

ITA that kids should not be spoiled & misbehave w/o a parent intervening. However, snatching the child up & taking her home teaches her nothing for the next time. It's the parent's job to teach a child how to behave in public (& at home). If not, they'll have much bigger & more serious problems to deal with when they're teens.

@Shanus

We the public can't tell the parent what to do in their own environment at home---Unfortunately you can't teach manners or common sense to some of these parents........so to free the public of these annoying children, we can only pray that they take the children  back home and let the public shop in peace...............But your right, if these kids or 5 or 6 or older and the parents cant control them at that age, I would hate to see what happens when these kids become pre-teens or teens.....May God have mercy!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Blingqueen023 wrote:

@Mominohio wrote:

@chrystaltree wrote:

No, I would bet it isn't the hearing, because older people loose the ability to hear higher pitched sounds (which is what child whining is...higher in pitch).

People today will not control their children in public, will not take the work, time and effort to remove them from public places when they are throwing tantrums, whining and otherwise causing disturbances. They can't get their heads out of their phones or their posteriors to understand that there is a baseline of proper public behavior, even for young children, and when they cannot comply, they need to be removed to the car, home, the park or a nap. 

This idea that we have to accept rude public behavior from people of all ages is the reason it persists. The more we accept it, excuse it, and shame those that expect better, the worse it will get.

OMGOSH!!  I couldn't have said it better myself!!  You are right on target.  (pardon the pun, Target, lol)

@Mominohio& @Blingqueen023

What idea is that?  I've never heard anyone espouse the idea of accepting rude behavior.

Who makes this stuff up?