Regular Contributor

Re: "Whiny Days and Sundays......."

[ Edited ]
POST OF THE YEAR!!!! 👍👏🏻  Your post was worded perfectly!  I feel like printing it out and handing it to people in public who are oblivious (or just don't care) that their behavior is disturbing others.  I remember one mom I saw in a store pull her kids aside when they were being disruptive (which I know kids will do...they are kids) and quietly tell them their behavior is not acceptable in public.  I almost thanked the lady for how nicely she handled the situation when most don't do anything but keep yelling at their kids to stop it. P.S. Forgot to quote...my reply was in response to mominohio's post!
Honored Contributor

@QueenDanceALot wrote:

@Bri36 wrote:

@QueenDanceALot wrote:

@Bri36 wrote:

I notice a lot of parents don't stop their kids from shreiking/screaming in stores and restaurants now.

I guess it doesn't bother them for some reason. 

The parents are too busy looking at their phones.

That's the running joke here.  LOL

But they're not always on their phones.  They're just oblivious to the screaming, which makes me think their kids do it all the time and they just don't seem to care.

I know.  But they really are on their phones a lot when their little sweeties are screeching and running around the stores.  At least that's what I've seen.

Ah my friend @QueenDanceALot thank you for my first snort of the day . . . Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

@Susan Louise wrote:

@Bri36 wrote:

@Shanus wrote:

@Bri36 wrote:

I notice a lot of parents don't stop their kids from shreiking/screaming in stores and restaurants now.

There was a thread about this subject not too long ago.

I suggest if hearing kids being kids bothers anyone in stores where they usually appear w/ parents, try going to those places during the week. Parents are working & not shopping. Stores are much more quiet. 

The problem does begin w/ the parent not being responsible for their child's behavior. Unless it's our own making the disturbance, oh well.

Parents are not teaching their kids how to behave in public.  Scream at home all you want.  But when you go out in public, you should be taught not to scream at the top of your lungs. 

@Bri36  Ummm...no! We have neighbors we brought to court and won for their dog barking 24/7. They also have 3 young kids that scream for hours on end when they play in the backyard. When I try and do some gardening, my nerves are shattered and I am at a point I am shaking from all the blood curdling screaming...just like when their mini pincher dog with it's high pitch bark kept barking.

It got to a point I yelled over the fence that if they didn't quiet down their kids I would call the cops for disturbance of the peace! Believe it or not, neighbors have rights too.

Honestly, I never screamed for minutes/hours on end...what is it with kids nowadays? If I remember right, the only times I ever screamed was on a roller coaster and in a haunted house...SMH

@Susan Louise I also took my next door neighbor to court for a barking dog that was on a chain in the backyard.  The dog was chained 24 hours a day.  Even in the summer the dog was chained and with no water.  The guy was a Secret Service Agent.  I, and some neighbors complained constantly to him about his dog.  I wouldn't have taken him to court but one afternoon, the guy actually went to one of my neighbors windows and stood there barking himself!!!  Can you believe it?  To make a long story short, I took him to court and I won my case.  He was no longer allowed to chain his dog in the backyard at all.  What a pleasure it was to not having to hear the barking day in and day out.  We were all happy he ended up moving.  

Valued Contributor

is Re: "Whiny Days and Sundays......."

It is  The Too bad if you don't like it mentality .People allow their children to cause disruptions  in public, people  do not curb their pets behavior .  It is always ,the kids are being  kids ,dogs are just being dogs.This has become a world of my wants trump your rights. It is a shame one has to seek out odd hours to shop to avoid  stress. I feel for over stressed parents , but they need to find solutions for their own children.

I very rarely  venture into brick and mortar stores anymore, happily...To imply that the op is being sensitive is  ridiculous , that  type  of chaos,would  make a saint wince... I feel badly  for your experience...Maryanne 

Honored Contributor

@Blingqueen023 wrote:

@Susan Louise wrote:

@Bri36 wrote:

@Shanus wrote:

@Bri36 wrote:

There was a thread about this subject not too long ago.

I suggest if hearing kids being kids bothers anyone in stores where they usually appear w/ parents, try going to those places during the week. Parents are working & not shopping. Stores are much more quiet. 

The problem does begin w/ the parent not being responsible for their child's behavior. Unless it's our own making the disturbance, oh well.

Parents are not teaching their kids how to behave in public.  Scream at home all you want.  But when you go out in public, you should be taught not to scream at the top of your lungs. 

@Bri36  Ummm...no! We have neighbors we brought to court and won for their dog barking 24/7. They also have 3 young kids that scream for hours on end when they play in the backyard. When I try and do some gardening, my nerves are shattered and I am at a point I am shaking from all the blood curdling screaming...just like when their mini pincher dog with it's high pitch bark kept barking.

It got to a point I yelled over the fence that if they didn't quiet down their kids I would call the cops for disturbance of the peace! Believe it or not, neighbors have rights too.

Honestly, I never screamed for minutes/hours on end...what is it with kids nowadays? If I remember right, the only times I ever screamed was on a roller coaster and in a haunted house...SMH

@Susan Louise I also took my next door neighbor to court for a barking dog that was on a chain in the backyard.  The dog was chained 24 hours a day.  Even in the summer the dog was chained and with no water.  The guy was a Secret Service Agent.  I, and some neighbors complained constantly to him about his dog.  I wouldn't have taken him to court but one afternoon, the guy actually went to one of my neighbors windows and stood there barking himself!!!  Can you believe it?  To make a long story short, I took him to court and I won my case.  He was no longer allowed to chain his dog in the backyard at all.  What a pleasure it was to not having to hear the barking day in and day out.  We were all happy he ended up moving.  

I DESPISE people who chain dogs like that.  They should be locked up and the dogs given to people who will take care of them properly.

Makes me sick.

Honored Contributor

@hoosieroriginal wrote:

@QVCkitty1 wrote:

@chrystaltree wrote:

It's school vacation and stores like Target always have familes with children who act like children.  It sounds like you might need your hearing checked.  Some older people become sensitive to sound but there are coping mechanisms.

Oh come on, yes children act like children, and sometimes they are loud and annoying. That doesn't menan that anything is wrong with OP's hearing. Sounds Ike you've had a bad morning.

@QVCkitty1 - Thanks - she has a lot of those obviously!

Yes she does, it is daily. Clearly, she is miserable but in denial.

Honored Contributor

It has nothing to do with our hearing, kids go wild in the stores and the parents seem oblivious.  We knew not to act up in public when I was young.  When my parents said "that's it, we're going home", it was not as threat - they meant it.

Honored Contributor

@hoosieroriginal wrote:

@QVCkitty1 wrote:

@chrystaltree wrote:

It's school vacation and stores like Target always have familes with children who act like children.  It sounds like you might need your hearing checked.  Some older people become sensitive to sound but there are coping mechanisms.

Oh come on, yes children act like children, and sometimes they are loud and annoying. That doesn't menan that anything is wrong with OP's hearing. Sounds Ike you've had a bad morning.

------

Hey @hoosieroriginal, I think bringing back the IGNORE button might be the coping mechanism we need when dealing with her posts.

Respected Contributor

@AuntG wrote:

@hoosieroriginal wrote:

@QVCkitty1 wrote:

@chrystaltree wrote:

------

Hey @hoosieroriginal, I think bringing back the IGNORE button might be the coping mechanism we need when dealing with her posts.

@AuntG - and I've been on the receiving end more than once - getting really tired of it. 

Honored Contributor

No one needs an "ignore button". Just skip over it and don't read it.