Respected Contributor

"Whiny Days and Sundays......."

Good lord - every whiny, crying, screaming child in my town was in Target this morning - I couldn't wait to get out of there!  OMG!  The noise level was horrific. 

On a lighter note, everyone be careful out there today, traffic out on the highway was really bad, everyone in a hurry to get home.  I think a lot of people took this week to vacation.  Be safe out there. 

Honored Contributor

Re: "Whiny Days and Sundays......."

It's school vacation and stores like Target always have familes with children who act like children.  It sounds like you might need your hearing checked.  Some older people become sensitive to sound but there are coping mechanisms.

Honored Contributor

@chrystaltree wrote:

It's school vacation and stores like Target always have familes with children who act like children.  It sounds like you might need your hearing checked.  Some older people become sensitive to sound but there are coping mechanisms.

Oh come on, yes children act like children, and sometimes they are loud and annoying. That doesn't menan that anything is wrong with OP's hearing. Sounds Ike you've had a bad morning.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Respected Contributor

I notice a lot of parents don't stop their kids from shreiking/screaming in stores and restaurants now.

I guess it doesn't bother them for some reason. 

Respected Contributor

@QVCkitty1 wrote:

@chrystaltree wrote:

Oh come on, yes children act like children, and sometimes they are loud and annoying. That doesn't menan that anything is wrong with OP's hearing. Sounds Ike you've had a bad morning.

@QVCkitty1 - Thanks - she has a lot of those obviously!

Honored Contributor

@hoosieroriginal wrote:

Good lord - every whiny, crying, screaming child in my town was in Target this morning - I couldn't wait to get out of there!  OMG!  The noise level was horrific. 

On a lighter note, everyone be careful out there today, traffic out on the highway was really bad, everyone in a hurry to get home.  I think a lot of people took this week to vacation.  Be safe out there. 

I find at times, I don't have the patience I once had with kids. Now, I know I am getting old. LOL  I love kids though. Just I get days that I cherish my peace and quiet and Target is definitely a place where there are a lot of screeching kids..... We were there just yesterday and one poor child was so red in the face from screaming....I got a little worried about her.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@QVCkitty1 wrote:

@chrystaltree wrote:

AGREED!!!! But unfortunately, that's every day.  

Honored Contributor

Some of the whiners were also at my 7:30 mass this morning!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@chrystaltree wrote:

No, I would bet it isn't the hearing, because older people loose the ability to hear higher pitched sounds (which is what child whining is...higher in pitch).

People today will not control their children in public, will not take the work, time and effort to remove them from public places when they are throwing tantrums, whining and otherwise causing disturbances. They can't get their heads out of their phones or their posteriors to understand that there is a baseline of proper public behavior, even for young children, and when they cannot comply, they need to be removed to the car, home, the park or a nap. 

This idea that we have to accept rude public behavior from people of all ages is the reason it persists. The more we accept it, excuse it, and shame those that expect better, the worse it will get.

Esteemed Contributor

I have been shopping and some adults seem to enjoy the attention their fit throwing child is getting them both. My nerves can't handle it. There is nothing wrong with my hearing.

My kids were allowed to be kids, but they never acted like that. Thank God.