Honored Contributor

Re: "What's The Matter with Kids Today"

I think it isn’t just the parents...I have to believe most of their kids knew what their parents were doing.,.I mean if you are posing in a rowing machine.....wasn’t that a clue?
Esteemed Contributor

Agree. Having a career in higher education I can say I'm daily impressed with the caliber of students, how polite they are and how they dream big. College aside, my great neices/nephews are sincere, personable and confident -- much more than I found my generation to be at their ages.

Loved this post. I think as we age we need to guard against being the senior who shakes the fist and yells - get off my lawn!    

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau
Respected Contributor

@lovesrecess wrote:
I think it isn’t just the parents...I have to believe most of their kids knew what their parents were doing.,.I mean if you are posing in a rowing machine.....wasn’t that a clue?

Can we not make this powerfully positive thread about the scandal? I think the subject has been beaten to death here ...and really. This isn't the thread to keep the beating going.

Esteemed Contributor

@jeanlake  Ditto! As we age, we need to continue to educate ourselves in order to remain "young in thought processes." I certainly don't want to become an old fuddy duddy or a grumpy old woman who is set in my ways! The more resilient we are, the easier we are to be around; all ages enjoy being around compatible people. I thoroughly enjoy my grandson and his friends. They are top students, talented kids and well-manered.

When we were growing up, didn't we hear about the kids in trouble? Of course. That's what makes the news and the gossip. I truly believe it the same thing with today's students. The social media simply makes it appear to be a bigger problem. When you are around kids/grandkids regularly, you see that they really are great people with amazing heads on their shoulders and know where they want to go in life.

They are our future. I'm confident we are in good hands.  

Money screams; wealth whispers.