Trusted Contributor

I'm searching for what I'm calling the old fashioned kind of coffee...either ground or beans...that tastes like the delicious coffee we used to get in restaurants and cafes before the pod/kcup/bold roast craze took hold.

I think it would probably be Folgers or Maxwell House or Yuban?  I just miss that mild yet rich flavor from so long ago. It was so delicious, yet I hate to buy whole cans of coffee to try one or two cups.

Suggestions?  Thank you!

Honored Contributor

Well, whatever you decide on don't buy the "new" Eight O'Clock brand.  It's in a beige bag.  It tastes like it's burnt.  The only reason we bought it was because it was free with a coupon.

We prefer Chock Full O'Nuts but will buy Maxwell House if that's what happens to be on sale.

Super Contributor

Re: "Vintage" coffee

[ Edited ]

For brands,  Eight O'Clock(red bag)  or Chock full of nuts. 

Honored Contributor

I've been a Maxwell House girl all of my life, no other brand will do for us!

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Trusted Contributor

The Woolworth's cafe where I used to have lunch always used Maxwell House, made in a Bunn coffee maker.   I've always heard that the coffee maker was the secret, but have never bought one because of the high price.  

Personally, I usually use Folger's 100% Columbian.  I read years ago that there are two different coffee species available on grocery shelves.  Columbian has the richer taste. 

Trusted Contributor

My mom was a coffee connoisseur and she always used Maxwell House. She also had an really old electric coffee pot that you could adjust how much coffee you could put in.

Honored Contributor

Dunkin' Donuts.

Respected Contributor

Many restaurants use Bunn coffee or Royal Cup coffee.  I doubt these are in grocery stores.  You need to order on line and they are more money.

Respected Contributor

I'm a Dunkin Decaf girl.

Valued Contributor

I would choose Maxwell house made in this.

485ccbfc74eb489c239b112d6fbfa104 - Edited.jpgWoman Wink