Trusted Contributor

@shoekitty wrote:

If you want a quick cup of the old fashioned taste I find those Folgers coffee bags work nicely!  They are like tea bags, but coffee.  I think it is corse ground in a tea bag.  Make sure water is very hot for peak taste.  I used to use them when I traveled.  When I would take a sip, I would think, "wow, this is what coffee used t take like".   I think with Mr coffee, and ten Keurig and now cold brews and fancy coffees we have gotten so far off the old percolator style.  I forget wha coffee was like.   However, I don't miss the heartburn.  Lol. Coffee today is so smooth and rich.  But ever once in a while you just need a good cup o'Joe,!

I think we tried some of those on an RV trip we took a few years ago. I'll try them again!

Respected Contributor

Dunkin' Donuts coffee at our house..We get the big bag at Costco..Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

There's something so soothing about reading all these coffee suggestions and ideas-- I guess I just like coffee talk!

Respected Contributor

@madzonie: I don't know if there will ever be a coffee with the true rich flavor of year ago. But, I think Hill Bros, Eight O' Clock (red bag) and Folgers (Classic Roast) come pretty close. 

Valued Contributor

Maryland Club Butternut Coffee - part of the Folger's family - hard to find 

Trusted Contributor

I just love the coffee talk as well.  I love coffee.

I use Peet's at home which I buy at Costco.  I either buy

it already ground, or I buy the beans and grind at home

per use.

I use pour over, using a cone with a paper filter.  It works

out well.  My husband drinks decaf, so the individual pour

over works well for us.

When we have more than ourselves here, we bring out

a Cuisinart coffee maker which is also drip style.

Regular Contributor

@Misplaced Parisian wrote:

@Ms tyrion2 wrote:

Costco's Kirkland brand Colombian. Excellent, rich coffe. 

$9.99 for a three pound can.

@Ms tyrion2  Thank you for mentioning this.  I've been very curious about this, but haven't bought any.  I will give it a try now.  Many thanks.

Yes!  Kirkland from Costco is what we buy and have for years.  We use a Mr. Coffee type drip coffee maker.

Honored Contributor

@madzonie wrote:

@sunshine45 wrote:

hills bros is one of the older brands.

i also have to add that i received an electric percolator for christmas and it makes a huge difference in the taste of the coffee! love it.!

Actually I am going to try the pour-over method.  But I think you are right about the percolator.

i also recently purchased a french press that i will be trying out. i do love the electric percolator so much better than my mr coffee coffeemaker. even though i own a keurig i am very much NOT  a keurig person.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor
@hckynut. I've been drinking Taster's Choice instant coffee (the one with the red label not the brown label which is dark roast or the green label which is decaf) pretty much since it came on the market and I really like it. If you are switching to instant you may want to give it a try. I always use 2 heaping tsps of it.
Honored Contributor
I am not a coffee drinker, but a restaurant we like has coffee DH loves and he is quite picky. He asked the server what kind of coffee and it is Community coffee but he didn’t know which blend.