Esteemed Contributor

@chickenbutt wrote:

I really don't notice any of it.  Nobody has to use all the features of the board.  It's nice to choose the features you like and just ignore the rest.

If I were to get rid of any feature, instead of the heart thing that I don't even see, I'd get rid of the neon colored, ginormous, head-exploding, fonts.  Smiley Happy

CB, have your eyes been bleeding lately?  Smiley Happy  Shade your eyes--- is this the color??

Esteemed Contributor

@sophiamarie wrote:

While I was posting earlier, I got a pop-up message in my lower rt. hand corner of the screen.  This happened twice.  It said _____ has given you a heart (or something like that.  I don't see any hearts on any of my posts.

Should I feel sad?  Am I not looking at the right thing?  What?Smiley Embarassed

Look at the top of the thread above where the box says Community.  It will show Notifications in red - click on that and it will tell you who hearted you and for what post.

Respected Contributor

@sophiamarie wrote:

While I was posting earlier, I got a pop-up message in my lower rt. hand corner of the screen.  This happened twice.  It said _____ has given you a heart (or something like that.  I don't see any hearts on any of my posts.

Should I feel sad?  Am I not looking at the right thing?  What?Smiley Embarassed

Sophiamarie, I just gave you a heart.....can you see it? There is a number 1 in the box.Woman Happy

Esteemed Contributor

Another one just said "softraindrops hearted your post"    Nada

Thanks anyway, SR - OH and now pitdakota.  LOL  

Esteemed Contributor

Nada - maybe I have something turned off???

Respected Contributor

Sophia, I am the second person to give you a heart.  So now for your post in this thread you should see the number 2 inside the heart.

I actually don't mind the hearts at all.  Just as many previous posters stated, it is similar to the like button on Facebook.  And I also agree that I am glad they removed the list of the posters with the most hearts.  That information didn't matter to me one bit and I could see someone getting ribbed for it one way or another.

* Freedom has a taste the protected will never know *
Honored Contributor

@sophiamarie wrote:

I believe there is a setting that you can flip this on and off in your preferences.  Let me go take a look and see what I can find.

Esteemed Contributor

@pitdakota wrote:

Sophia, I am the second person to give you a heart.  So now for your post in this thread you should see the number 2 inside the heart.

I actually don't mind the hearts at all.  Just as many previous posters stated, it is similar to the like button on Facebook.  And I also agree that I am glad they removed the list of the posters with the most hearts.  That information didn't matter to me one bit and I could see someone getting ribbed for it one way or another.

I have a "dark heart" and a zero next to it.  Not that I care, mind you.....  but still......lol

Esteemed Contributor

Re: "Top Hearted Posts"

[ Edited ]

@sophiamarie wrote:

Sophiamarie, did you see my reply in message #12 - it tells you how to see the notifications or you can click on the red number next to the heart in your post. Smiley Happy

ETA:  You will see a gray heart on your own post because you can't "heart" yourself... LOL

Honored Contributor

Re: "Top Hearted Posts"

[ Edited ]

Sophiamarie wrote:

@sophiamarie

Look in "My Settings," under "Preferences." 

Under "Preference Options" select "Hearts."

Be sure you haven't checked the box next to "Hide Hearts buttons and counts."

hth!

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova