Esteemed Contributor

"Talking Kitty" Creator Steve Cash Has Died

I don't know how many  follow his "Talking Kitty" series on YouTube, but it is with a heavy heart that I read on Facebook today, that Steve died by taking his own life.

In one of his last videos, Steve said that he was manic-depressive, but declined medication.

I don't know how to say this delicately, but I know that some might be curious as to how he ended his life, so I'll just say one word: gun.

He was 40 years old.

He leaves behind his wife, and the stars of his videos Sylvester (cat) Gibbyson (cat) Random Kitty, and Shelby (dog).

My deepest and most heartfelt condolences goes out to his family, friends, pets, and fans.

He'll be forever missed.

Woman Sad

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.
Honored Contributor

Re: "Talking Kitty" Creator Steve Cash Has Died

That is so sad!

I hate to hear this.

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Respected Contributor

I'm not familiar with this gentleman's you tube channel but I'm sorry to hear this news.  

When I was a teenager my Dad's brother's wife committed suicide and that left such an impact on me.  

My heart goes out to those who suffer from depression.  It's such a terrible burden to have to deal with throughout your life.   

May he rest in peace.

Respected Contributor

Mental illness is such a terrible task master.

Respected Contributor

Took a look at his work. His pathology is evident.  Frenetic comes to mind.  He would never have had the edge and creativity by taking meds. There is a reason artists and writers go bareback.  Sad for his family, they didnt deserve that. Hope he didnt have kids.

Honored Contributor

@Anonymous032819 

This was so so sad.....  My heartfelt thoughts and prayers go out to his wife and his furry friends.... Cat Sad Woman Sad

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Anonymous032819 I am stunned! My sis turned me onto Steve years ago and I think she still followed him to some degree.

I got such a bamg out of " the cursing/talking kitty" and the other pets.

So sorry for his wife and any other surviving family.

So so sad.

Respected Contributor

so sad! I was a fan and liked him so much. I feel so sorry for his wife. (I hope he is resting in peace but at least his struggle now is over. ) She must be devastated. Robot Sad

QVC Customer Care
Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

Oh No!

This is so heart-breaking, and as I type this, I am crying.

I have family members who are bi-polar, so I can only try and understand the pain that he lived in.

I too, am sorry for his wife and for his friends and other family members who loved him. Smiley Sad

I loved his videos and loved to watch his beloved pets. 

He entertained so many people with his Sylvester videos and I will miss him like so many others will miss him. Smiley Sad

May he rest in peace, and may perpetual light shine upon him. Heart