Esteemed Contributor

Re: "SOCIAL DISTANCING"

[ Edited ]

@Anonymous032819 wrote:

I expect that in 9 months, there will be a baby boom.

So much for "social distancing" .

And 13 years later a world filled with Quaran-teens. Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

Ha, ha, that is clever, witty @SusieQ_2 !  Woman LOL

Esteemed Contributor

@Eileen in Virginia - great post, nicely stated.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@threecees wrote:

received_220682935787898.jpeg

Amen!

I know so many people are being effected by this on a dire financial nature, and that is not to be taken lightly. 

But of all times to have personal economic crisis, this might just be it. There is going to be lots of help out there (yes, it might not be right now or as fast as truly needed). I'm guessing that utilities are going to go easy on shut offs for people who's bills were kept current before this. I'm guessing that there will be legislation or company policies that will prevent people from being evicted or foreclosed upon and avenues for them to catch up on back payments over time, after this is over. 

There are going to be additions to food stamps, unemployment, payroll tax cuts, and even talk of actual cash payments to people from the federal government. 

I really don't have patience with people complaining about the little things in this though. Whining about a missed vacation or cruise, angry they can't go eat out where restaurants are closed, etc. And the just ignoring most of the requested protocols is just so selfish.

Disappointing? yes. Frustrating? Yes. But it's amazing how selfish some people are, when ask to do so relatively little, when you look at some of the crises our forefathers lived through.

Esteemed Contributor

@oznell wrote:

Ha, ha, that is clever, witty @SusieQ_2 !  Woman LOL

@Oznell 

It would have been better if I hadn't blown the punchline.

I've changed it to reflect the right timeline--13 years

(not 13 months, lol Smiley Embarassed).

Honored Contributor

It didn't matter one bit, @SusieQ_2 --  a mere slip of the tongue, everyone knew what you meant.  You still get total cleverness points for your quick wit!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I actually like going in my local Dollar Tree because so few people are usually in there at one time. I have a dr appt on Friday and am going to call and see if we can do the appt via the phone. I heard this morning that they are encouraging drs to do as much telemedicine as possible. It is just a follow up appt so am hoping they will say yes. Otherwise, I may just cancel or postpone...but to when? DH has a cardio appt on Friday also and his dr’s office is in a big hospital. He has to ride in an elevator up to the 8th floor....I have told him to call this office and get some advice. He needs to get his ekg.

When I saw the thousands of spring breakers on tv gathered at a beach concert I just shook my head. Someone in that crowd bound to have the virus even with no symptoms...and will more than likely go home and spread it to their parents or grandparents. So selfish!

Honored Contributor

Yeah, @lovesrecess ,  my hubs had a pretty important medical appointment for tomorrow, which they cancelled today and have moved to May....

Agreed about spring-breakers, or any big assemblies of revelers.  I like that Dr. Birx is directing her comments to those who are violating recommendations.  For a time, everyone must be considerate of "the other guy" as well as themselves.  In World War II they also used a kind of strong, psychological encouragement to engage in activities that would help win the war, not hinder it.