Honored Contributor

"Rebuilding IN HOUSTON after HARVEY" no links

@Noel7

@Mominohio

If you are interested, as we had been discussing various ways to re-think re-building in flood-prone areas like Houston.

google the video title "Rebuilding IN HOUSTON after HARVEY"

HBO produced the video. The city official who made the decision to open the gates of the levee is interviewed concerning his decision. He is speaking from inside a helicopter surveying the drainage system in Houston.

Interesting.

@Noel7

@Mominohio

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Super Contributor

Re: "Rebuilding IN HOUSTON after HARVEY" no links

I will take a look at it. Is it only on HBO? However, please know that the decision to do a controlled release of the reservoirs was made by the US Army Corp of Engineers not city officials. I am confident that there were many in depth conversations with Houston officials though.

Honored Contributor

@LTT1 wrote:

@Noel7

@Mominohio

If you are interested, as we had been discussing various ways to re-think re-building in flood-prone areas like Houston.

HBO produced the video. The city official who made the decision to open the gates of the levee is interviewed concerning his decision. He is speaking from inside a helicopter surveying the drainage system in Houston.

Interesting.

@Noel7

@Mominohio

Hi @LTT1 

Thanks for the shout-out, this will be interesting! 

Honored Contributor

@Noel7 wrote:

@LTT1 wrote:

@Noel7

@Mominohio

Interesting.

@Noel7

@Mominohio

Hi @LTT1 

Thanks for the shout-out, this will be interesting! 

A decision was made for our area in 2010, but we were never warned ahead of time.  After the flood, we were told why the decision was made.  To save others further down the river.  No one took responsibility for "failure to communicate".  Their excuse ... too many to list, but, not enough people on duty, not enough time, communication lines were down, didn't check their emails  ... yada, yada, yada. 

Fate whispers to her, "You cannot withstand the storm." She whispers back, "I am the storm."

Respected Contributor

@Preds wrote:

@Noel7 wrote:

Interesting.

@Noel7

@Mominohio

A decision was made for our area in 2010, but we were never warned ahead of time.  After the flood, we were told why the decision was made.  To save others further down the river.  No one took responsibility for "failure to communicate".  Their excuse ... too many to list, but, not enough people on duty, not enough time, communication lines were down, didn't check their emails  ... yada, yada, yada. 

@Preds, I remember that flood, it was horrible!!!  

* Freedom has a taste the protected will never know *
Honored Contributor

Tiss life @pitdakota.  You just pick up and keep going.  Spend your time fighting or spend your time winning.  LOL 

I hurt for all that are going thru it now.  It changes you ... if not now, it will later.

Fate whispers to her, "You cannot withstand the storm." She whispers back, "I am the storm."

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Preds wrote:

Tiss life @pitdakota.  You just pick up and keep going.  Spend your time fighting or spend your time winning.  LOL 

I hurt for all that are going thru it now.  It changes you ... if not now, it will later.

@Preds   I'd be worried about you dear if it didn't change ya somehow!!!  Heart   I do remember that though and was just sick watching our news. I had a cousin in the area that also had major damage from that flood.   

* Freedom has a taste the protected will never know *
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@pitdakota@Preds@Noel7@Shiloh09

Would you all please just look at the video?

The mods won't allow me to post a link.

It is not ON HBO, it is featured on YouTube and there are "political tabs" off to the side according to the mods.

I will post it again.

The main thing this vid shows is the two men discussing the question "What will we do Now to prevent future crises?" while viewing Houston's system of drainage bayous/parks, etc, from a helicopter.

This has nothing to do with PAST flooding.

AND YES, it does show the ARMY Corp of Engineers working with the city.

FUTURE FUTURE FUTURE and how to re-build wisely.

google

"Rebuilding IN HOUSTON after HARVEY

Honored Contributor

IMG_0706.JPG

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Preds wrote:

@Preds@pitdakota

But what what can be done now, to prevent this tragedy in the future?