Honored Contributor

"RULES" FOR GETTING ALONG AT THE OFFICE OR IN LIFE, BY SCOTT ADAMS

U7ztEYDf.jpg

Honored Contributor

Re: "RULES" FOR GETTING ALONG AT THE OFFICE OR IN LIFE, BY SCOTT ADAMS

Every workplace has a Wally, ours was named Kevin. I just love Dilbert !

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Esteemed Contributor

@Oznell 

This made me laugh a lot....having worked with many people who employed this technique.

However, one year a new manager arrived and, at that point, we had a new email system that allowed her to set up a notification to see WHEN we opened any emails sent from her.

In a staff meeting, she cautioned, "you'd better check your email constantly because I'm going to KNOW WHEN you've opened  my mail."

That ended those shenanigans of "not seeing" something Cat LOL

Honored Contributor

There's always one in every office.  In my case, it was Mz Dilbert.  She would would float from unit to unit sitting on the desks of the folks she was chatting up with.  This was before cubicles.

Once cubicles were put up, Mz Dilbert floated from cubicle to cubicle.  

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Honored Contributor

Ugh. Unpopular opinion but I can't stand dealing with people like that at work. They get lowest priority when they want something. And then like a miracle they suddenly care about timely responses.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Honored Contributor

Happens in real life too.  It's called prioritizing and in one way or another, we all do it.  We have to or  the most important things would not get done and we would be bundle of stress.  Ironically, we had a work Zoom meeting that discussed the importance the avalance of emails we all get.  

Honored Contributor

Funny and so true!!!  There are people who work and earn their pay and there are those who manage to take the easy way out and still collect a pay check.  They also do very little or just enough to get by.  I think we all worked with those type people, I know I did.  Also once you are known to be conscientious and do your job, you are the one the higher uppers  go to, they won't bother the lazy and stupid for obvious reasons.