Esteemed Contributor

"QVC is missing a great sales opportunity

[ Edited ]

With schools reopening, and (eventually) teaching in person, I think "mask leashes"

( lanyards) is a no brainer.  I ordered two this morning (etsy) for my Grands.

Honored Contributor

Re: "QVC is missing a great sales opportunity

@patbz    Sounds like a good idea.  Beats dangling from one ear and losing it.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@patbz   QVC has been selling the Prive Revaux eyeglasses chain.  I have seen some hosts on social media hooking their mask on that.  #A386864

Comes in 5 colors.  You would have to loop the elastic of the masks into the end loop of the chain. 

Esteemed Contributor

Or like those clips for pacifiers.  I sometimes seem have one dangling.

Honored Contributor

Best to call them lanyards. If they become known as mask leashes, those words will give the upset people something new to upset them.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Esteemed Contributor

I feel like a rebel with it dangling from my ear.  It resembles those duster earrings from the 90's. 

Honored Contributor

Great idea.  Think I'll make some for myself and friends,

I have some great ribbon yarn - just have to order some lobster claw clasps.

Respected Contributor

Sounds like an invitatation to remove your mask and keep it off. "See, I AM wearing it" (on the kid's chest). Or kids will put it on and take it off repeatedly, which is not recommended because of the contaminants on the outside of the mask. And who's going to help them when they can't put the mask on right? The poor teacher or para? Young kids have been shown to harbor a far higher viral load than teens and adults, and they're the ones most likely to need help. Not good.

This might help some entrepreneur on etsy, but it doesn't seem like a good idea. Give the kids a supply of disposable masks. Don't encourage them to take the masks off. This is what this does.

Honored Contributor

I wouldn't want that yucky mask (outside of it probably has the virus on it) hanging from my body against my clothes. And it's more likely the person will be touching it as it turns around on the lanyard. No thanks.