Respected Contributor

I always thought logos were supposed to stand for something, like Amazon with the arrow which means they sell everything from "A" to "Z".  I also thought a logo was supposed to be a strong statement. 

In my opinion, this logo has totally missed the mark.  What I really question is how many people had to approve this new look?  They really all thought this was a good change or did they all just agree because the person at the top liked it?

QVC could have done much better.  They need to fire their graphics agency or whomever came up with this wimpy logo.

Esteemed Contributor

Talk about dumbing down a logo.  And, a logo that my eye passed right over.  THAT is the heart of the matter here: eyes passing right over a dumbed down logo.

Marketing folks:  You NEVER want potential customer eyes passing by your logo because it's so "nothing" that not one particle of it pulls in the eyes of that potential customer. no matter where it is.

Grade:  F

Esteemed Contributor

@Caligurll wrote:

Reminds me of an off button.

turn-off-button-14710645 (2).jpg

@Cats3000 and @Caligurll I don't like the logo at all! But I was reminded of a certain colon cancer testing service logo,

logo.jpg

That being said, I think the Dashboard, or whatever the front page is called, is cleaner and a bit more user friendly.

Honored Contributor

I'm not crazy about the logo or how they have the set arranged for the jewelry shows. I guess I'll get used to it.

Contributor

Re: "Q" Has A New Logo

[ Edited ]

I thought something was wrong with my computer today. It reminds me of a magnifying glass "Search" icon on a program I use at work. Not sure why they made the change to this. Still have to checkout the other changes  I keep hearing about

Super Contributor

Why change it? I liked the bolder logo. That was their identity. That would be like Nike altering their swish. . .ok, that may have been an exaggeration in comparison but you get what I mean.😃

Valued Contributor

First thing I thought was,fill in the new Q with a face and look who it is. OLIVE-OYL-OIL-POPEYE-GFRIEND-Embroidered-Iron-Sew.jpg Woman Very Happy

Esteemed Contributor

I don't like it.  It's a cleaner look, but not at all memorable or distinctive, and too weak.

I'm sure someone was paid big bucks to come up with that!

Esteemed Contributor

@justjeanne wrote:

I'm glad none of you "nay sayers" work for the Q!  The new logo is very nice!  I dont need to be a type setter or a langauge master to see the descriptions on the TV are easier to read.  Great work to the team at QVC for making our shopping experience easier  - oh yah thats why I shop with QVC!!!!!

I am finding the graphics on TV to be much harder to read now.  I had heard it was bad, but it's worse than I expected.

I'm not sure how this is going to make our shopping experience easier.  For me it surely won't.  

(And I wish some of the "nay sayers" here DID work for QVC.  This new logo, etc, would have been tested much more thoroughly, and would have been rejected.)

Esteemed Contributor

@Caligurll wrote:

Reminds me of an off button.

turn-off-button-14710645 (2).jpg

That's the first thing I thought of when I saw it.  Just another reason why I think it was a poor choice.