Trusted Contributor

Re: "Q" Has A New Logo

[ Edited ]

Not a fan of the new logo, but it doesn’t really matter to me one way or the other. What does bother me is the new typeface on the item descriptions and the reviews. Smaller, fainter, harder to read. Clicking on “adjust text size” helped, but it did not change the text size of the reviews, just the item description info. My eyes feel strained reading the item descriptions. Makes me feel old 😳😄

Trusted Contributor

@I am still oxox wrote:

As a graphic artist, I do not like it, I think the type is very weak

@I am still oxox

Well, I'm not even close to a graphic artist, but I don't like it, either.

Honored Contributor

@KingstonsMom wrote:

@Caaareful Shopper wrote:

I notice how it definitely resembles a key on a keyboard.  I think the point is that QVC wants customers to use QVC via their social media and APP platforms much more than calling in on the phone.  They have been pushing "tap that APP," and now they have Youtube Blogs dedicated to fashion and beauty hosted by some of the QVC hosts.  Hosts are putting their own videos up on their FB pages a lot.  QVC is introducing products on their FB and Instagram pages. 

I don't think the goal was about a typeset .  I think it's about changing the culture in sync with shopping on the Internet.

@Caaareful Shopper

I may be the only one who doesn't use apps on my phone, nor FB, but I'm just not willing to pay the increased prices, decreased quality, sloooow shipping/returns and suffer through an inept website, for QVC to look and feel more 'modern'.

IMO, in the long run, Amazon (who excels in these areas) will eventually chew them up and spit them out.

After shopping here for over 23 years, I'm almost embarrassed to admit how much I used to spend here, but not any more.

When I had a landline, the phone rang often and it was usually charities calling for a donation or someone trying to sell me something.     I was paying $35 a month for others to use my phone.    So I dumped it.   Never miss it.

Point is, I feel the same about Apps on my phone.    They take up storage space on my phone and storage space is not free.    I don't care what the incentive, the only Apps I use on my phone are my bank accounts, so I can check my balance when necessary.

QVC can keep their App.

Esteemed Contributor

@KingstonsMom wrote:

@aroc3435 wrote:

@I am still oxox  Yes, you have a good eye.  I agree.  The Q looks anemic.  And the price paid for a new corporate logo is usually unbelieveable.  Wonder which firm did the new design.

@aroc3435

They could've offered free shipping much more often to their customers, or other incentives (besides easypay), for what they probably spent on it.

I care a lot more about that than a new weak 'Q' logo with a box around it.

@KingstonsMom You can get 24/7 free shipping...if you don’t order. 

Seriously, please quit banging that drum. 

Keepin' it real.
Honored Contributor

And here we have it, as I predicted in a thread yesterday.  Woman LOL

Esteemed Contributor

Well, there really is nothing else new to talk about, is there?

Honored Contributor

@esmerelda wrote:

@KingstonsMom wrote:

@aroc3435 wrote:

@I am still oxox  Yes, you have a good eye.  I agree.  The Q looks anemic.  And the price paid for a new corporate logo is usually unbelieveable.  Wonder which firm did the new design.

@aroc3435

They could've offered free shipping much more often to their customers, or other incentives (besides easypay), for what they probably spent on it.

I care a lot more about that than a new weak 'Q' logo with a box around it.

@KingstonsMom You can get 24/7 free shipping...if you don’t order. 

Seriously, please quit banging that drum. 

@esmerelda

Seriously, please don't tell other posters what to post or not post on this forum, that's not the way forums work.

You bang your drum, I'll bang mine.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

I like it - a clean look.  Similar to when Overstock dot com went to "it's all about the O." 

Honored Contributor

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

And here we have it, as I predicted in a thread yesterday.  Woman LOL

LOL, i was just about to page you @Lipstickdiva!

good call......

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Respected Contributor

It is not important to me what the logo looks like. My gripe is with any company just changing a logo. It is a hugh amount of wasted money. Everything with old logo needs replaced with new logo. This money could be used to benefit the customer. That would bring more sales than a new logo.