Esteemed Contributor

Re: "Posting in the wrong forum"?

[ Edited ]

I see an assumption here that everybody reads all the threads!   I don't and I doubt that everyone does read all of them every day.

Nor is every message directed to the general public, but some are for a particular person who posts often.  

I don't always go to a Forum thread to 'discuss' a subject but to follow up on one!

I think it will always be confusing!

Honored Contributor

I only recently started coming to the CC forum.  I previously only participated in the beauty forum.  I was surprised to see beauty related topics discussed here and I'm sure I missed out on a few good threads.  I assumed that all beauty threads would be in the beauty forum.

Respected Contributor

While I wonder why people post off topic in specialized forums, I just ignore them without harm to me. LOL

Community Chat and Among Friends are open forums and ANY topic is ok.  They are like lounges in other boards.

~~
*Off The Deep End~A very short trip for some!*
Valued Contributor

What bothers me more than posting in the wrong forum is when people hijack a thread and take it completely in another direction.  

I realize some threads have an ebb and flow to the conversation, but to completely take it in another direction is rude.

Trusted Contributor

"Old lady" ?   For goodness sakes....

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That's what I thought too...who IS the old cranky old lady? And I'll bet s/he DOES does yell at the neighbothood children, "Get off my lawn!"

I actually feel the same way--don't want children running around my front yard and undoing all the hard work did to get my garden just the way I want it. So instead of yelling at them, I put up a white picket fence. Anyone who wants to see my flowers can see them without destroying them. And it wasn't all that expensive.

Trusted Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:

@phindell82 wrote:

@Pearlee wrote:

@dooBdoo  Very well stated.  I agree with you - it is inconsiderate of others to start a completely off topic thread in a particular forum. 

I think it's inconsiderate too @Pearlee. Some people make their own rules tho and don't care about others or if what they do bothers other people . But if somebody crosses them out come the snarks lol.

@phindell82  Definitely.  You hit the nail on the head!

AMEN!

Esteemed Contributor

@Bri63 wrote:

What bothers me more than posting in the wrong forum is when people hijack a thread and take it completely in another direction.  

I realize some threads have an ebb and flow to the conversation, but to completely take it in another direction is rude.

Just curious...Why does it bother you?  What about it bothers you?

Sometimes it just seems to be the normal flow of the thread to me! 

Valued Contributor

@Zhills wrote:

@Bri63 wrote:

Just curious...Why does it bother you?  What about it bothers you?

Sometimes it just seems to be the normal flow of the thread to me! 

I'm not talking about the normal flow of a thread.  

I'm talking about an obvious hijack that completely takes the thread off topic.  If someone starts a thread and then 2 or 3 people start talking about something competely different, their health issues, the weather, another completely different subject, that is rude to the person that started the thread.  

It doesn't bother me enough to ruin my day.  LOL

Honored Contributor

I often use Community Chat b/c l think it's a popular Forum for both readers and posters.

I started a thread in CC this morning re: Amazon "Alexa" eavesdropping and privacy concerns, and how to protect yourself. Even though that could have been considered an Electronics topic, l felt that more people go to CC.

~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~
Honored Contributor

Not complaining or telling others what to do, but I think beauty topics should go in the beauty forum.