Honored Contributor

Re: "Posting in the wrong forum"?

It has been my experience if I want to post about shoes I go to the shoe forum and get more responses than if I post about shoes in the electronics forum.  Plus I dont go into mom to mom or electronics, and some others just to browse so if there is an off topic post there I would miss it.  Lo and behold I dont want to miss anything.  LOL!

In the grand scheme of things I guess it really doesnt matter to me.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Honored Contributor

I don't mind if someone posts something in the "wrong" forum. I have done it in the past, I usually preface it by saying off topic. You can either read it or pass it by, no big deal. I feel sometimes posting something in the correct forum, it doesn't get as much attention as some other forums.

Honored Contributor

Nobody makes a mistake on purpose

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

First, I have never reported any post, never will. I'm not doing the mod's job unless I get paid.

In the past there were gamers on Viewpoints, that annoyed me, a lot. The rest, like the Josie Body Butter and the Medical Battle posted today where they don't belong, just has me thinking the OP disregards rules and probably cheats at cards.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Pearlee wrote:

@Regal Bee wrote:

I see it all the time and don't think anything about it. Everyone makes mistakes.

@Regal Bee  It isn't always a mistake.  Some people  post in the wrong forum intentionally because they've made "friends" in that forum and post something completely off topic there so the people they want to see the post will see it.  I find it irritating if I go to the fashion forum to read about exactly that - fashion - and see completely off topic threads there, where people have posted deliberately so that certain other people will see the thread.  Ugh.  Why have the board divded up into forums if people post deliberately off topic things in those forums?  Waste of my time to go to the fashion forum and see something about someone's mother-in-law's situation, or whatever.

I had no idea.....okay, that makes sense.....just never have given it any thought and frankly, it is a little thing to me.

Holy cow....does everyone have to make such a fuss over everything. Good grief.Smiley Mad

Respected Contributor

"probably cheats at cards"  LOL  Good one, @occasionalrain

If anyone is bothered by off topic threads, avoid the kitchen forum where a stand-up comedian has taken residence.  I kid you not, there are 16 comedy threads over the first two pages and it's like that every day.  16 takes up 25% of the two page total.  I think it is a safe place to act out.

For the record, I am not a curmudgeon, I love jokes just like most of us.   I've mentioned this aggravation before so I know it is useless to expect manners, consideration, or moderator intervention.    If this were going on in any other forum I wonder how well it would be received.  

Honored Contributor

@Desertdi wrote:

Nobody makes a mistake on purpose

@Desertdi, one time, yes. But I do think that we shouldn't make a habit of it. I agree that the subforums are there for a reason and that it is good netiquette to respect that.

I do think, though, that a couple subforums are by nature more freewheeling -- e.g. CC and maybe Among Friends, although I admit not being too familiar with the latter.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Respected Contributor

@Sue98   I can take one guess at who makes the snarky remarks--I wish this person would vanish from the boards as I have told 'her' many times.  I cannot believe the Moderators allow this to keep occurring--certainly they can "lock" her account.

Honored Contributor

@seaBreeze wrote:

@Sue98   I can take one guess at who makes the snarky remarks--I wish this person would vanish from the boards as I have told 'her' many times.  I cannot believe the Moderators allow this to keep occurring--certainly they can "lock" her account.

I don't know who you mean and don't think much of you telling her you wish she'd vanish from the boards. How can you know that others don't appreciate her comments? How is telling a poster you wish them gone not snark or at least impolite.

Perhaps you should just concern yourself with your own posts and allow the moderators to look after the posts of others.

Respected Contributor

I don't do social media, and this is the only forum I have ever visited. I don't care or notice where things are posted. Why would anyone care? There are control freaks everywhere. Ignore them! This should be a relaxed place to visit, right?