Honored Contributor

Re: "Posting in the wrong forum"?

Here's my take on "wrong forum."  I really don't care. If the post is clear enough to understand, I don't mind at all where it lands.

However, and it's a big however, I feel it's up to OP to make their post intelligible enough that posters don't have to guess what they are talking about.  If I see something in the Fashion thread, my mind will associate the context of the OP's message as having something to do with fashion.  So even if the post is rather criptic or brief, I can figure it out and do my own research into it to delve into it more.  But without some context of what that post was about, I'm immediately disinterested, and to be honest, a tiny bit annoyed that I opened it thinking it was about fashion. So that's the only time it bothers me a little -- confusing posts with very little information just dumped in any forum at all. 

Esteemed Contributor

@dooBdoo wrote:

@Sweetbay magnolia wrote:

Nice to see you, @dooBdoo.❤️

@Sweetbay magnolia

Aw, thanks, my friend!   Nice to see you, too!  Always!❤️

Before anyone calls me out for it, I will admit with age I seem to become more adverse to rules and defiant in following them, especially when it involves something as inncuous as a QVC bulletin board.

But by virtue of the "netiquette" regulations of which I am sure I am an offender, should perhaps the above exchange been a better fit in "Among Friends"?

Valued Contributor

I really don't care where things are posted.  There's so little activity on these boards anyway.  

CC is kind of a catch all forum, IMO.  

Honored Contributor

I'll just let the moderators do their job.  If they need to move something, they will.  If they don't correct a spelling, so be it.  

Contributor

[ Edited ]

I think the Mods will manage it. Smiley Happy

Contributor

@libbyannE wrote:

I don't do social media, and this is the only forum I have ever visited. I don't care or notice where things are posted. Why would anyone care? There are control freaks everywhere. Ignore them! This should be a relaxed place to visit, right?

This board IS social media. Smiley Wink

Trusted Contributor

@occasionalrain wrote:

First, I have never reported any post, never will. I'm not doing the mod's job unless I get paid.

In the past there were gamers on Viewpoints, that annoyed me, a lot. The rest, like the Josie Body Butter and the Medical Battle posted today where they don't belong, just has me thinking the OP disregards rules and probably cheats at cards.

@occasionalrain, I believe you have been on the boards for quite sime time, too.  Surly you have seen some of my posts.  I'm DEFINITELY NOT a person who breaks rules, and I have NEVER cheated at cards!  I don't like cheaters......never had an interest in cheating at any games.

I'm sorry you misunderstood me.

Respected Contributor

@Sue98 wrote:

@occasionalrain wrote:

First, I have never reported any post, never will. I'm not doing the mod's job unless I get paid.

In the past there were gamers on Viewpoints, that annoyed me, a lot. The rest, like the Josie Body Butter and the Medical Battle posted today where they don't belong, just has me thinking the OP disregards rules and probably cheats at cards.

@occasionalrain, I believe you have been on the boards for quite sime time, too.  Surly you have seen some of my posts.  I'm DEFINITELY NOT a person who breaks rules, and I have NEVER cheated at cards!  I don't like cheaters......never had an interest in cheating at any games.

I'm sorry you misunderstood me.

@Sue98 I think you may have misunderstood her  Woman Wink  By "OP," she meant the OP of the Josie Body Butter and Medical Battles threads.  Not you. 

Honored Contributor

@Sue98 Please don't take it personally, I didn't mean to offend you. I didn't mind your thread nor do I think you cheat at cards. That card thing is just my humor which I'm aware isn't universally enjoyed.

Super Contributor

<image error>