Honored Contributor

"PARISIENNE FARMGIRL" CREATES HER JULY FOURTH TRIBUTE

Happy almost Independence Day!  Despite her French online handle, this blogger is a Yank who loves all things 'old world' and lives on a farm which I believe is also a small winery.  Love her joie de vivre!

Of course, virtually everything in her patriotic display is vintage.  Apologies for any blurry pictures-- I had to freeze these off of a moving video:

snapshot.jpg

She had an enviable red ironstone tureen (drool).  From around the house, she gathered some of their old books (one of my favorite elements to bring in also), whose titles evoke history, and that would further the red, white and blue scheme.

Even her oil paintings, which of course she already had, sort of emphasize the theme, especially the ones with the oarsmen, turbulent waves, and boats.

snapshot.jpg

snapshot.jpg

See the blue upright books on the left?  They are held up by iron bookends she found which are replicas of the "USS Constitution" ship, "America's Ship of State":

Screenshot_2021-07-02 Sarah's October Home.png 

The flowers are cut from her garden, and bring in the red white and blue.  She used lamb's ear to loosely represent white, the blue is from blue delphinium, and the red is from rambler roses in her yard.

snapshot.jpg

See the little handled cup?  She thinks it is a fairly rare Johnson Brothers mug which depicts Mount Rushmore.  (I kept saying to myself, how perfect are the things she found for this heartfelt tribute!)  It holds a little secondary bouquet of her flowers.

snapshot.jpg

Bunting, some essential flags, George Washington, and a few more appropriate books finish it off.  Finally, I adore that little rustic log cabin she has stacked on the books on the right.   Perfect little nod to Lincoln and his humble origins enrich this vivid, personal, impressionistic vignette.

Trusted Contributor

Re: "PARISIENNE FARMGIRL" CREATES HER JULY FOURTH TRIBUTE

What a darling little display. It really does look like a Fourth of July celebration. So creative.

I, too, really like the tureen and red is my favorite color. I checked Etsy and they have some nice red options in tureens like this gorgeous ironstone one.

This was a wonderful post. Thanks @Oznell 

Honored Contributor

My pleasure, @Queen of shop --  I love to see how other  people decorate.   She inspired me to try a little red, white and blue combo myself, just out of old pottery, glass and other items I have on hand....

I too shall have to check out those yummy ironstone pieces on Etsy!

Respected Contributor

@Oznell ....THANK YOU so much for sharing with all of us.  These are beautiful and historical items that I love to see.  I am so happy that the majority of us love the USA and like this lovely lady display our pride and our history which is so important especially in these times.  I am a history buff and love anything antique and tells a story of days gone by.

This makes my heart sing!!!  Happy Fourth of July, everyone.  We are blessed to live in a country that celebrates freedom and NOTHING can take that away from us!!!

Honored Contributor

You did very well with your pictures, Oznell!!!  I love the decor, all of it.  While I do not decorate for Fourth Of July, my tradition is watching Yankee Doodle Dandy, I am impressed by this lovely display of red, white and blue.  I love the cup with Mr. Rushmore decorating it, that I'll take!!!!  LOL  The tureen is beautiful., the bookends so perfect for the theme and the paintings very appealing as I love ocean scenes.  All in all an impressive job of decorating

Honored Contributor

Thank you, @kittykatkay and @spiderw ,  and a happy and fun Independence Day to you!