Honored Contributor

Re: "OH SAY CAN YOU SEE?"-an American Eagle singing along!

[ Edited ]

That's an amazing photo.  .I'm surprised the bird would go to a stranger.  Thanks for postin @on the bay.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

One of the explanations I've heard is that the majestic eagle saw the leather glove on the pitcher's hand and it may have looked like the leather glove of his handler. Trying to land on a baseball glove wouldn't be as easy as landing on his handler's close-fitting glove! Makes sense to me. Still - the American Eagle is our treasure and we love them - no matter where they land!

Honored Contributor

Gorgeous, noble bird.  I enjoyed that video.  It was playing at gym today on one of the sports channels.  Sports must have been slow, because they kept replaying it.  Lol

they are huge, arent they?   I admired the players reaction.he was great with Mr Eagle

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Magnificient Bird!!!  So majestic!   Just think Benjamin Franklin wanted the Turkey to be our national symbol........😄😄😄

Image result for turkey bird

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@jannabelle1 wrote:

One of the explanations I've heard is that the majestic eagle saw the leather glove on the pitcher's hand and it may have looked like the leather glove of his handler. Trying to land on a baseball glove wouldn't be as easy as landing on his handler's close-fitting glove! Makes sense to me. Still - the American Eagle is our treasure and we love them - no matter where they land!

@jannabelle1-

I never thought of that! Then after several attempts, maybe her realized, Oh, this is not my guy's glove! and waited patiently on the side to be told what to do nextSmiley HappyWoman Happy

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"