Honored Contributor

"OH SAY CAN YOU SEE?"-an American Eagle singing along!

What an amazing sight!

This bald eagle just flew in  from the sky while Seattle's Mariner pitcher was still during the national anthem and must have really liked his team lol!

But really, its pretty astonishing as well as James Paxton's (the pitcher) calm reaction of having this eagle land on his shoulder..

(from Yahoo news)

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Trusted Contributor

Re: "OH SAY CAN YOU SEE?"-an American Eagle singing along!

Paxton, a Canadian, showed such poise and restraint.    For an Eagle to be used in public it must be quite used to people. albeit dependent on them and injured enough to not be able to be released into the wild, hense he didn't fly very high or long.

Such magnificent birds!

Honored Contributor

They said the Paxton is now an American and if they (Canada) aren't happy, Paxton can be a Canadian again by a moose sitting on him. 

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

It didn't fly in from the sky, it was there with it's trainer.

Honored Contributor

Wow. I bet that surprised him. Look at the claws on the Eagle. 🦅Beautiful.

Esteemed Contributor

Eagles used for such events or for education purposes are trained for quite some time. As the Eagle looked like it had a tether on its leg (I think I saw one), poor thing just missed its mark.

These are my favorite birds to see and photograph.

Frequent Contributor

Songbird, you just made my day! LOL

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Challenger is a beautiful eagle and comes from the eagle foundation at Dollywood...  

https://www.eagles.org/

http://www.khou.com/mobile/article/news/video-challenger-the-eagle-lands-on-mariners-pitcher-during-...

Go VOLS
Rocky Top you'll always be home sweet home to me.. Good ole Rocky Top, Rocky Top Tennessee... Rocky Top Tennessee
Respected Contributor

@HLP wrote:

Yes, this eagle came in with a trainer and it was a plan to fly over the field but instead the eagle landed on the player.  It was on the News last night here.

Honored Contributor

@HLP wrote:

@HLP-

Thank you for explaining that!

I kept wondering if it was trained and if that guy who rushed in knew the eagle. The video just showed him coming from the air in the stands.

Of course yahoo news never explained further but wow! I just saw it on the news and they showed the whole thing and explained it. The eagle was supposed to fly over the stands and field.

So cute anyway and I'm glad to get the whole story!

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"